Why become a member? ×

I get the "Female drummer" and "Ideally 18-30" kind of ads but..

leschirons

Just seen this advert.  I mean, you can sort of prove your a female bassist, or guy between 18 and 30 and I  guess sometimes, you really do have to be committed to the performance 100% but how would they know if you're partial to the odd bacon buttie?

Vegan Vocalist Wanted For Cultural Campaign Song and Fashion Music Video
Hi there, I'm looking for a Vocalist who's a Vegan for a Vegan Song Recording and Fashion Music Video. I'm more into a cool character of a Vocal than a big Diva Voice, so If you're a vocalist who fits the bill etc etc.

13 minutes ago, Cat Burrito said:

I'm okay with this. A bit like a religious band wanting you to be religious. It's niche but I suspect they know 

Obviously, they'll be hoping to find a vegan with a great voice but I guess I'm sort of intrigued that if there has to be some sort of compromise, on which side would it be?

A committed vegan who can sing, is maybe different from a great singer, who happens to be vegan.  I'm not making fun of this. I really am intrigued by it all.

3 minutes ago, Newfoundfreedom said:

I had one of those once.

Longest day of my life!

I'm not going to knock it, many a time I have been sustained by that working musicians old favourite; A hearty portion of boiled grass with a nice piece of dried larch bark. The way things are looking, I think we're going to get reacquainted soon...

• Like 1

I get it. If you were a non vegan trying to fake it you'd damage their whole credibility. It would be like Maggie Thatcher singing any Bruce Springsteen song like "the working life", or the Strawbs "part of the Union". 

Edited by uk_lefty
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, leschirons said:

Just seen this advert.  I mean, you can sort of prove your a female bassist, or guy between 18 and 30 and I  guess sometimes, you really do have to be committed to the performance 100% but how would they know if you're partial to the odd bacon buttie?

Vegan Vocalist Wanted For Cultural Campaign Song and Fashion Music Video
Hi there, I'm looking for a Vocalist who's a Vegan for a Vegan Song Recording and Fashion Music Video. I'm more into a cool character of a Vocal than a big Diva Voice, so If you're a vocalist who fits the bill etc etc.

If its simply for a campaign song and video why should it matter? Surely its like acting, you dont need to be the character to play the character. 

11 hours ago, Cat Burrito said:

I'm okay with this. A bit like a religious band wanting you to be religious. It's niche but I suspect they know that. 

I don't agree with you, this is exactly what is called sectarianism and it's very dangerous as these people are true fanatics able to burn down houses and kill people because of their belief.

Middle Ages are supposed to have gone away a long time ago.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mikel said:

If its simply for a campaign song and video why should it matter? Surely its like acting, you dont need to be the character to play the character. 

In acting, there is a difference between the character and the message.

An actor doesn't necessarily need to share the views of the character they are playing, but the film-maker might want them to be in tune with the aim of the film.

For example a film which is say anti-Thatcher may need an actor to play Maggie, but the director may (or may not of course) actually want someone to play her who actually believes Maggie is a baddie.