Why become a member? ×

Parcel2Go

SuperSeagull

How competitive do people find using P2G as a comparison site for shipping? I’ve used them before for small bits and pieces but have to return a cab to Ashdown (long story) who recommended using them but the price I’m getting is at best £43 for 3+ days delivery insured which seems excessive. The response from Ashdown is that I should be able to get a much cheaper price than that. Apart from the weight and size which are what they are for a cab, even a lightweight one, the only variables are speed of delivery and insurance or not. Am I alone in thinking £43 is excessive or am I Scrooge mode?

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

UPS have been pretty good for me recently. I've sent Ashdown cabs through them and Hermes in the last three months, both were less than £30

Interestingly UPS have come up cheaper going direct that via P2G, £25, much more reasonable. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yeah I'd always go direct to the courier. I've had bad experiences with two different intermediaries. I won't bore you with the details but basically you pay them for a service that you may or may not receive and if anything goes wrong they just don't give a sh!t, and to make it worse the courier's won't deal with you, just the intermediary who surprise surprise isn't as keen as you to get things sorted. For saving a few quid it's just not worth it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, uk_lefty said:

Yeah I'd always go direct to the courier. I've had bad experiences with two different intermediaries. I won't bore you with the details but basically you pay them for a service that you may or may not receive and if anything goes wrong they just don't give a sh!t, and to make it worse the courier's won't deal with you, just the intermediary who surprise surprise isn't as keen as you to get things sorted. For saving a few quid it's just not worth it.

There's stories from all of us good and bad, but recently i used Interparcel to send a parcel,  and of the quotes, My Herpes were cheapest, but i should have known better

It went astray, and Inter gave me my money back in less than 5 days

3 hours ago, fleabag said:

There's stories from all of us good and bad, but recently i used Interparcel to send a parcel,  and of the quotes, My Herpes were cheapest, but i should have known better

It went astray, and Inter gave me my money back in less than 5 days

Glad to hear it has worked for someone. I am well aware that my good run with UPS can't last forever!

16 hours ago, SuperSeagull said:

How competitive do people find using P2G as a comparison site for shipping? I’ve used them before for small bits and pieces but have to return a cab to Ashdown (long story) who recommended using them but the price I’m getting is at best £43 for 3+ days delivery insured which seems excessive. The response from Ashdown is that I should be able to get a much cheaper price than that. Apart from the weight and size which are what they are for a cab, even a lightweight one, the only variables are speed of delivery and insurance or not. Am I alone in thinking £43 is excessive or am I Scrooge mode?

I think there might be something happening on the 25th that is affecting deliveries :santa2:

I've used them and have also found going direct to the courier is sometimes cheaper. I'm guessing there are a lot of people working flat out and no-one is seriously looking to take on extra deliveries so couriers aren't currently off-loading their spare slots to P2G

23 hours ago, SuperSeagull said:

I'd say £40 for a cab is ok.

I use P2G and DPD sometimes direct as the music stores tend to use DPD

At the moment many couriers are increasing their prices ( shortage of drivers etc ) and heavy and large stuff gets costly 

Then there’s the insurance cover !

Sadly selling heavy items for shipping has become a tough one hence why so many say collect only.

Returning stuff is also a hassle hence I won’t use overseas suppliers 

For Ashdown I live an hour away so not a hassle for me popping down to Essex