Why become a member? ×

I met this bloke the other day…

JJTee

Friday night round the neighbour’s last week for pre-Xmas drinks with a few families, I get chatting to the guy three doors down who moved in with his family in the summer.

Out of curiosity I asked what he did as a job: “I build bass guitars”, he replies.

The penny dropped pretty quickly. I live in the village where Wal build their basses and my new neighbour is one of the guys who builds them. Could have chatted to him all night. I don’t think he’s used to meeting people who know one end of a bass from the other, let alone have actually heard of Wal.

Sadly, no chance of mate’s rates or reopening the waiting list I don’t think.

• Like 7

Nice to chat bass when least expected. I work on a very small industrial unit in Northamptonshire and a good few years ago I spotted that one of the smaller units around the corner had a 'Ruach Bass Guitars' notice in the window but I could never seem to time it right to wander around and find anyone in. Eventually though I did bump in to the chap in charge called Heath and had a pleasant chat about bass-related gubbins. Sadly he moved out of the unit not long after. He's a member on here (harleyheath) but hasn't visited for a while. He did have this topic going: 

• Like 3