Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite Electro 5 string **On Hold!!** - *SOLD*
£850
Swindon

andyonbass

You know how it is when you see an instrument you really want but you can’t justify the expense or indeed find the space to put it if you do acquire said instrument?

Well in an attempt to address the above, I have decided to offer a couple of basses for sale.

First up is my Status Electro 2 5 string fretted. These are quite rare now, semi acoustic with a piezo bridge and a magnetic pickup. This one has a John East preamp fitted  (volume, blend, bass, table and para/mid) giving an extremely wide tonal palette.

Beautiful quilted maple top over a mahogany body with a rosewood board. The bass is fitted with Labella Clear Wrap nylon strings. Weight 8lb3oz

Some very minor playing marks but overall excellent condition. Lovely flat neck and truss rod in fully working order. 48mm nut width, 17mm string spacing at bridge.

Bass is located in Swindon, willing to travel a reasonable distance to meet up, postage to UK mainland  now an option

IMG_2385.thumb.JPG.ddec7a0d30ae0c15be2377f44e97b236.JPGIMG_2386.thumb.JPG.c490b47ff41758158adca9c2143e893c.JPGIMG_2388.thumb.JPG.4e59118135b0b459fb293cbb08621e4b.JPGIMG_2389.thumb.JPG.351e9910eba9491610e7df9d1e1fcca7.JPGIMG_2390.thumb.JPG.dbeee5775f130d0d5515e54460f98ef0.JPGIMG_2391.thumb.JPG.be01efa6ce5bac70d15c0a8f04e8181a.JPG

Edited by andyonbass
On hold
  • Like 12

• andyonbass changed the title to Status Graphite Electro 5 string **Reduced**
  • 2 weeks later...

Two questions:

1) Is there actually any graphite on this bass? I know it's part of the company name, and the other Status basses I've played feature graphite prominently...

2) How does this balance, given that it is a hollow body instrument? Does it suffer from neck dive?

I'm in the States, but gathering as much information as I can on 5-strings that might make a great fretless bass. Thanks, and good luck!

This is sooo tempting. The weight, the zero fret, the piezo and the preamp. But (because I’m a tool) it breaks my “jack sockets should be on the side” and “even though I try and play floating thumb, I need a neck pickup to anchor on at times” rules. But I’m going to give this one some thought, because it’s lovely!!

Edited by moley6knipe

5 hours ago, fretlessman71 said:

1) Is there actually any graphite on this bass? I know it's part of the company name, and the other Status basses I've played feature graphite prominently...
2) How does this balance, given that it is a hollow body instrument? Does it suffer from neck dive?

As far as I understand it, it has graphite reinforcing rods in the neck, it's mighty stable and there are no balancing issues.....

• Like 1

On 05/02/2022 at 00:21, moley6knipe said:

This is sooo tempting. The weight, the zero fret, the piezo and the preamp. But (because I’m a tool) it breaks my “jack sockets should be on the side” and “even though I try and play floating thumb, I need a neck pickup to anchor on at times” rules. But I’m going to give this one some thought, because it’s lovely!!

I don't know where you are located but you are welcome to come and try it out if you're within travelling distance....

Edited by andyonbass

• 2 weeks later...
  • andyonbass changed the title to Status Graphite Electro 5 string **Trade options considered**
  • andyonbass changed the title to Status Graphite Electro 5 string **Sold!!**