Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRH500 Aerium Electro-Acoustic Bass in Dragon Eye Burst now SOLD
£370
Fakenham, Norfolk

Obrienp

Unfortunately, arthritis in my left hand is forcing me to go short scale. Consequently, I have to sell my lovely Ibanez Aerium acoustic bass. The full spec is here on the Ibanez website: https://www.ibanez.com/eu/products/detail/srh500f_1p_05.html. Please note this is for the fretless version but that apart they are the same instrument, except I am pretty sure mine has a rosewood fretboard.

To summarise it is a full 34” scale, 4 string, fretted, hybrid electro-acoustic bass. I say hybrid because it has an electric bass style body that is chambered/semi-acoustic. The top is spruce and the body mahogany, with a chamfered top edge where the arm rests. It has a super fast jazz style neck. It is really light and ergonomic. The really clever stuff is in the AeroSilk piezo bridge that provides individual string saddles that adjust for intonation like an electric bridge. The volume of each string can be adjusted, so that you can get the string to string balance you want. It has a simple but effective active preamp with volume and tone controls. It is fitted with D’Addario 45-100 tape wounds and provides a low action. The colour is Dragon Eye Burst.

It is in great used condition, with a few small dings in the back (pictured) and some superficial playing scratches but nothing serious. The frets have little wear and the fretboard is unmarked. The protective plastic is still on the rear plate that houses the fine adjustment screws for the pickup system. I have fitted Schaller locking strap buttons.

I think it plays beautifully and sounds great. You can get a pretty convincing acoustic (upright like) tone from it, especially if you use an acoustic preamp like a Zoom AC-2, or TCE BodyRez.

These don’t come with a case but I can throw in a Thomann branded gig bag. I also have the original box, so can post at buyer’s expense. You are welcome to try and buy in Fakenham, Norfolk and I will meet/deliver within 50 miles or so.1FD14988-64F2-4C5D-BFE5-4680936CF620.thumb.jpeg.1f15ded560ce8ada49605d198fc733b1.jpeg

E37C3A6E-6CAC-40B0-917E-173CE961961B.jpeg

161AD8D0-57DB-40B6-A02F-3F7D4192F833.jpeg

417EFED3-D1D9-49F2-B196-4BC8BA7B7EAC.jpeg

F527E545-26EC-4864-A153-6DE0A496AFF3.jpeg

49252E53-8939-493C-A76A-1C3D7D7C79DC.jpeg

076D0C15-1F2A-4254-8936-8D6F5310B702.jpeg

8121AB32-B61B-432A-A1B6-588979F4CF64.jpeg

C163D22C-B64C-4E69-B919-AE673DF41044.jpeg

Edited by Obrienp
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, Ruari said:

Heya 

Sorry to hear about the arthritis. Maybe a stupid question but have you tried copper wrist bracelet's??

I'm very interested in the bass but 

I'm based in South Scotland.

Just wondering if posting would be an option??

Hi Ruari,

Yes, I can post/courier to you. Message me if you want to pursue that further.

Cheers, Pat

10 hours ago, Geek99 said:

@Obrienp get the stuff with black pepper extract as that boosts absorption … Amazon or eBay or Holland and Barrett 

I tried turmeric on its own and it didn’t seem to make any difference. I might give it a try with the pepper, or even the copper bracelet as Ruari suggested. It’s the site of an old injury from a motorcycle accident I had 44 years ago, so I suspect something didn’t quite set right and now it’s come back to haunt me. Misspent youth catching up with me!

Folks. For those who might want to know how much postage would be: UK mainland by Parcel Force with insurance (doesn’t cover damage): 24 hours £27.50; 48 £24. Last posting date for Christmas  according to Parcel Force is Wednesday for 48 and Thursday for 24. I don’t believe that. In my experience they start the clock when it gets to the depot, so really it is Tuesday for 48 and Wednesday 24.

• Obrienp changed the title to Ibanez SRH500 Aerium Electro-Acoustic Bass in Dragon Eye Burst free p&p
  • Obrienp changed the title to Ibanez SRH500 Aerium Electro-Acoustic Bass in Dragon Eye Burst now SOLD
On 18/12/2021 at 23:51, Geek99 said:

@Obrienp get the stuff with black pepper extract as that boosts absorption … Amazon or eBay or Holland and Barrett 

My Chiropractor got me on Turmeric years ago and it has made quite a difference. 

In her opinion the best you can get is from Pureclinica. The double strength 1000mg one. Not cheap, but worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1