Why become a member? ×

Where to start with dub?

SteveXFR

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, mario_buoninfante said:

apart from all the great recommendations listed so far, I'd recommend this too, with Adrian Sherwood at the console

Superb album, great choice mario ☝️, I haven’t heard that in years 

• Like 1

Always liked this one... We have it on our garden centre playlist (along with loads of other dub, about 700 tracks, with hte rest being funk and jazz, with some classical...). And it entertains me no end when some old folks are browsing our pelargoniums, and suddenly, from nowhere, Duckie or Junior shout "Big Spliff"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Always liked this one... We have it on our garden centre playlist (along with loads of other dub, about 700 tracks, with hte rest being funk and jazz, with some classical...). And it entertains me no end when some old folks are browsing our pelargoniums, and suddenly, from nowhere, Duckie or Junior shout "Big Spliff"

I was at a local garden centre yesterday and they had ‘Get a Grip on Yourself’ by the Stranglers blasting out which amused me but this sounds much cooler. 😎

On 18/12/2021 at 08:39, Rayman said:

Massive attack vs The mad professor is a great album for the more contemporary minded.

This is a great record.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Protection_(Massive_Attack_album)

Was never particularly excited by Massive Attack, but it all made sense when I heard this. Highly recommended whether you're looking for dub or otherwise.