Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble v3 115 cabs

Guest BassAdder27

Hey folks I’m about to try the 115 v3 cab from Fender and I’m curious if people found them ok 

Im returning to ported cabs after buying new Ashdown ABM Pro Neo sealed cabs ( now up for sale on here )

Will use my Ashdown abm600 head and run a stack of two 115 cabs 

Not high end I know but price and weight are good for gigging 

Edited by BassAdder27

I had two of those cabs at the same time as two v3 rumble 210 cabs.Comparing those two , from memory the sounds were slightly different with the 15s being more low mid focused, but a slight amp eq adjustment and things could be turned the other way around. I currently have a Ashdown pro neo210 and a v3 rumble 210. I’ll do a quick A/B on those two cabs later today with a Abm 600 and let you know. What are your input gain and master volume knobs  set to normally? Not the exact comparison you wanted I know, but hope it helps. 

1 hour ago, Chrisan2 said:

I had two of those cabs at the same time as two v3 rumble 210 cabs.Comparing those two , from memory the sounds were slightly different with the 15s being more low mid focused, but a slight amp eq adjustment and things could be turned the other way around. I currently have a Ashdown pro neo210 and a v3 rumble 210. I’ll do a quick A/B on those two cabs later today with a Abm 600 and let you know. What are your input gain and master volume knobs  set to normally? Not the exact comparison you wanted I know, but hope it helps. 

Thank you 

my input gain is around 12 o clock and master around 9 to 10 o clock 

I run the EQ nearly flat and a treble boost with 340hz pulled down a bit and shape button pushed in 

Thus is playing PBass with fingers 

Edited by BassAdder27

just copied your settings and had a play , fender sting bass , swapping between the rumble v3 210 and the ash down neo 210. the fender is a brighter and a fraction louder. ie ashdown a bit more bottom end.  I'm also trying to find the time to get to the store to try a abm 115 compact , take my neo 210 to compare , but the suspected slight better sound of the 115 maybe not worth the extra weight.  cheers 

Ok tried my ABM600 on the Fender Rumble 115 cab 

Different sound to my Neo Ashdown cabs.

Is it better ? Difficult to say in a home test but it sounded a decent cab

Will try and rehearsal on Tuesday and see if one will keep up with band and add a second if it does 

Will be interested to hear back. Specs suggest it’s 300RMS continuous so presumably would need 2 to get the full output from the ABM600? I do like the pop-out casters (presumably you can still stack??!) although at 17kg is perfectly manageable without.  

7 hours ago, CJPJ said:

Will be interested to hear back. Specs suggest it’s 300RMS continuous so presumably would need 2 to get the full output from the ABM600? I do like the pop-out casters (presumably you can still stack??!) although at 17kg is perfectly manageable without.  

To stack you need to take castors off but as it’s light I probably wouldn’t use them anyway ! 

I’ve been using one as my main cab for about 5 years until this summer when I bought a vanderkley LNT210. The vk210 has a bit more bass and is more punchy. The rumble 115 was a bit more mid biased to my ears. The rumble 115 is really easy to handle at 17kg. My 20kg 210 seems to take a lot more effort. Had my 115 up for sale on here for a while now.

26 minutes ago, Waddycall said:

Had my 115 up for sale on here for a while now.

I did see that but alas too far. I was down there end of September for hols too!

interesting feedback vs the Vanderkley 👍🏻

Good feedback .. you anywhere Near East Anglia ?? 

Im seeing nearly all positive comments especially based on its price / sound / weight ratio 

They do appear to sound decent and that light cab yet using a Ceramic Driver is impressive. I wouldn’t want to drop it down some stairs yet I wouldn’t want to that with any cab as I’m sure it would get badly damaged apart from old Peavey cabs !! 

The VK website gives the same power handling - https://vanderkleyamp.com/cabinets/

so far I’ve only used it for rehearsals in a small hall so not pushed it at all and my amp usually set to 4 out of 10 tops out at 250w. Thinking about it further it also has more treble response than the 115. I wanted the VK for more punch as the 115 seemed to not be cutting through the horrible acoustics of a hard floored low ceiling hall and I was struggling to hear myself. In reality I think it was a combination of the cab, amp settings and the tone from one of the guitarists. The VK sounds great though - very detailed and more responsive to eq. The 115 itself had really good clarity and brightness compared to the Marshall 115 I had before it (and so much lighter - easy one hand carry) I won’t be too disappointed if mine doesn’t sell! I was very happy with it for years in rehearsal rooms with better acoustics and when gigging. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BassAdder27 said:

Good feedback .. you anywhere Near East Anglia ?? 

Im seeing nearly all positive comments especially based on its price / sound / weight ratio 

They do appear to sound decent and that light cab yet using a Ceramic Driver is impressive. I wouldn’t want to drop it down some stairs yet I wouldn’t want to that with any cab as I’m sure it would get badly damaged apart from old Peavey cabs !! 

I’m in Cornwall. It’s certainly a robust enough cab. Not had any issues with mine, no rattles or anything. Been slung in and out of vans, cars etc regularly without issue. Slight shrinking of the tolex on the back but it’s only minimal. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it for a 115 cab at all. I never fitted the casters to mine - they’re not needed at all (lost them now). 

• Like 1

By the way I never had any volume issues with just the one. I’ve used it in 3 and 5 piece rock bands, two with loud drummers and never really pushed it. It was always mic’d at gigs as the DI on my head was noisy. I wonder how loud some bands rehearse when people talk of needing two cabs to be heard! 

11 minutes ago, Waddycall said:

By the way I never had any volume issues with just the one. I’ve used it in 3 and 5 piece rock bands, two with loud drummers and never really pushed it. It was always mic’d at gigs as the DI on my head was noisy. I wonder how loud some bands rehearse when people talk of needing two cabs to be heard! 

Don`t, my classic rock band is intolerably loud due to the drummer, I use the studios 810 and the volume on my ABM600 is at 2 o`clock. Vast difference to my rockabilly/punk band where using a 410 the volume is at a nice 9 o`clock. Thanks the lord of ear protection for my ACS plugs!

• Haha 1