Why become a member? ×

God can forgive, but Clapton can't

Steve Browning

I see Robert Cray has cut any ties or links with Clapton after Clapton likened lockdowns etc with slavery.

For someone who made a fortune from ripping off black American music, Clapton has an unenviable propensity of looking like he's either thick, nasty, a racist or all 3.

• Like 18

Slow hand is very fast when it comes to money.

What a selfish greedy man.

He should be ashamed to sue a woman who's certainly in need of money.

Instead, he should have helped her the way Bruce Springsteen can do (and I don't like Springsteen's music).

It's about time to boycott him.

Edited by Hellzero
Missing word
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Trueno said:

The miserable git.

He's nothing if not consistent. In my teens, I was a massive Clapton fan, but in the last couple of decades (at least) I’ve  felt he’s needed a slap (more likely several). I know he’s had personal tragedy and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, but to read his autobiography or listen to him speak, you’d never think he’s one of the most famous and successful guitar players ever.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 2

"He also claimed that his reaction to the vaccine almost robbed him of his ability to play guitar, and that lockdowns stopped him from being able to make money from his music.

Eric Clapton is one of the wealthiest musicians in the world, with a net worth of around $300 million. "

Say no more. Never liked him...

Edited by SH73
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

I see Robert Cray has cut any ties or links with Clapton after Clapton likened lockdowns etc with slavery.

For someone who made a fortune from ripping off black American music, Clapton has an unenviable propensity of looking like he's either thick, nasty, a racist or all 3.

without Clapton, there would not be Rock Against Racism.

But not in a good way.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Steve Browning said:

Surely he could have just sent a message warning her that the CD was a bootleg? We see (and react to) many a loft found Fender without encouraging Fender to sue.

Agreed, but maybe that's exactly what occurred and she chose to ignore? I'd be surprised if the thing went straight to Court. 

What I don't understand is why she appealed the initial ruling? Guessing a local lawyer smelling a potential fat pay cheque and publicity, rather than giving their client sensible advice?

43 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

Card carrying bigoted gobshyte, active anti-vaxxer deliberately trying to undermine vaccination messages and all-round unpleasant Cnut like his former Cream bandmate Ginger Baker. I've never liked a single tune by him so that's saved me the hassle of having to boycott his gigs, releases etc

Concise and spot on, nicely done. 

3 hours ago, Marvin said:

If you read his autobiography. . . . sadly. . . .  it's all 3 and a few more to boot. It's a shame because I've been going to Clapton gigs since 1965 and am a fan of (most) of his music!!

Edited by chris_b
  • Like 4