Why become a member? ×

Is it possible to get EZ Drummer to sound great on a recording?

PatrickJ

Hi Again,

In addition to my last thread on how to record professional / studio quality bass I'm also looking for tips on how to get EZ-Drummer sounding more authentic.

As a tool it's easy to use and I can quite quickly get a backing drum track to jam too. However I'm never completely satisfied with how it sounds when I'm mixing it with bass and other instruments. Does anyone here have any experience of using it for producing decent quality music?

I know it's possible to split each of the drums into it's own dedicated channel in a DAW (in my case Cubase, I've got a YouTube tutorial on this) but I'm looking for more tips on how to mix / master it better for a more authentic sound.

If you have any tips, YT tutorials or articles on how to produce / mix electronic drums, especially EZ Drummer, please share with me!

Thanks

Edited by PatrickJ

IME it’s more about the programming than the sound themselves. Spend some time listening to what drummers play and then go about replicating it in your drum plug-in of choice. As far as signal processing goes a bit of common reverb and compression on all the drums helps to hold all the sounds together.

• Like 1