Why become a member? ×

the problems us lefties have

PaulWarning

4 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Who is rockin' Rudolf?

Someone didn't just photoshop in a RH guitar for their lefty. They gave it to him strung up lefty. How considerate!

Rockin' Rudolf is a very pleasant festive offering from Greene King, I don't normally like their beers but this one is Kimberly Ales recipe (I think) a local Nottingham Brewery they took over (closed down) a few years ago

• Thanks 1

It always amazes me how many "apparant" left handers play the bass.  There are loads of people showing off their bass licks on Faceache who look to be left handed until you realise that they don't have the gumption to alter the camera on their 'phone to show them the right way round.

It was always a comfort for me to see that most of the Muppets were left handed!

2 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

Rockin' Rudolf is a very pleasant festive offering from Greene King, I don't normally like their beers but this one is Kimberly Ales recipe (I think) a local Nottingham Brewery they took over (closed down) a few years ago

Didn’t realise this was the Kimberley recipe. Being born and raised there I feel it’s my birthright to drink many pints of this.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, joeystrange said:

Didn’t realise this was the Kimberley recipe. Being born and raised there I feel it’s my birthright to drink many pints of this.

well that's my theory, it's very similar ( the same IMO) to Olde Trip, made for the Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem when it was owned by Kimberly Brewery (Hardy Hansons), more info on this fascinating pub and a photo of the Olde Trip beer pump for bass players not familiar with Nottingham's most famous drinking establishment.  

https://thirdeyetraveller.com/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem-england-oldest-inn/

8 hours ago, PaulWarning said:

well that's my theory, it's very similar ( the same IMO) to Olde Trip, made for the Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem when it was owned by Kimberly Brewery (Hardy Hansons), more info on this fascinating pub and a photo of the Olde Trip beer pump for bass players not familiar with Nottingham's most famous drinking establishment.  

https://thirdeyetraveller.com/ye-olde-trip-to-jerusalem-england-oldest-inn/

Now when we’re taking ‘Kimberley recipe’ are we talking the original recipe or what Greene King sold as Kimberley when they first took over and changed the recipe, hoping nobody would notice?

18 minutes ago, joeystrange said:

Now when we’re taking ‘Kimberley recipe’ are we talking the original recipe or what Greene King sold as Kimberley when they first took over and changed the recipe, hoping nobody would notice?

I wouldn't know tbh, what I do know is I really enjoy a pint of Rockin' Robin and Olde Trip, I don't enjoy Greene King's ales like IPA and Abbotts, they have a funny taste to them YMMV

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

I wouldn't know tbh, what I do know is I really enjoy a pint of Rockin' Robin and Olde Trip, I don't enjoy Greene King's ales like IPA and Abbotts, they have a funny taste to them TMMV

Kimberley had that same taste when they first took over (which is why a lot of people on Kimberley stopped drinking it) so it sounds like this could be the original recipe.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LeftyP said:

It always amazes me how many "apparant" left handers play the bass.  There are loads of people showing off their bass licks on Faceache who look to be left handed until you realise that they don't have the gumption to alter the camera on their 'phone to show them the right way round.

A friend of mine, also a motorcyclist, has posted a few photos on Facebook of him and his Itacud.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BassTractor said:

Not only that. The title also suggest's that we lefty's have an apostrophy problem, which I as a full-blown lefty' have to take ekseption wid.

bugger, I try and be careful, about upsetting the grammar Nazis 😃

fixed anyway 😂

Edited by PaulWarning
  • Haha 1

• PaulWarning changed the title to the problems us lefties have