Why become a member? ×

Alternative to a bass guitar?

tom1946

1 hour ago, fretmeister said:

Surely they should have made it a A to match the low end of a piano?

Why? Its two octaves out of the whole range of the piano.

You have to start the scale somewhere. The piano only starts on A because beethoven kept making lower chords, but I don't think he ever had a bassstation!

4 hours ago, tom1946 said:

how do I connect the bass station for a live sound? I have a trace combo. Or will I need something else?

There's a mono / line out 1/4" jack on the back, so just plug your guitar lead into that and then into your combo. That's how mine is set up at home for playing around on. 

There are other connections if you want to hook it up to your computer for recording, but you'll only need that one for playing live

Oh, and the keyboard probably starts on C because most DJ mix music is in C. You can always transpose it if you want

4 minutes ago, pete.young said:

At $3500 up plus shipping it's a bargain! Either an early april fools page or Brian Eastwood has escaped again.

It is a bargain if it means you can carry on doing the thing you love with a bass built to the highest quality. $3500 isn't a particularly offensive amount to pay for a custom bass, especially one that utilises a build technique no one else is doing to help keep those with carpal tunnel and other wrist/hand issues playing. A basic bolt on Fodera would cost twice as much, second hand Wals go for 5k plus, so $3500 isn't laughable.