Why become a member? ×

Fuzz wah pedals

SteveXFR

4 minutes ago, pbasspecial said:

I’ve got an EHX crying bass fuzz wah. They are ok. Can pick one up s/h for about £40. Will get you most of the way there for a fraction of the cost. 

That looks interesting. Is it practical to mount on a pedal board with the weird no moving parts design?

12 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

If you have the cradle you can mount it ok. 
I had one a while back- nice pedal and great idea, but I found it didn’t suit me. I went back to a fuzz into wah (mxr bsf to weeping demon) and haven’t looked back since - around 7ish years iirc

So would you recommend just going for a dirty fuzz pedal and a standard wah?

13 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

That’s what I’ve done, but I’m also sorely tempted by the chancellor 😉😂

So am I. I like that it gives an option for filter sweep or gain sweep plus according to the advert it will make me play as good as or better than Justin Chancellor and more attractive to the opposite sex.

• Haha 1

On 16/12/2021 at 16:02, SteveXFR said:

That looks interesting. Is it practical to mount on a pedal board with the weird no moving parts design?

Think you can buy a cradle for it to sit in. I guess you could Velcro it on a board. The guys from Anderson’s like it if you want to google it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bassmidget209 said:

I have the crying bass wah as well as the cradle. It sounds good I could never get it to work well for me. It would appear playing bass and balancing on one leg was a bit too much for my brain 😂. I've been looking to sell it if you are interested? Got the boxes etc 

I just checked it out on the you tube. It sounds really good but it doesn't seem dirty enough for may taste, it's quite a smooth fuzz.