Why become a member? ×

Status Basses are not taking any new orders for now

joe_geezer

• 3 months later...

Good news, they have updated their website with the following 

" Sorry, our order book is still closed so these stock models are the only basses currently available.We will add more information when we are accepting new orders."

So, looks like they are going to accept new orders soon.. 9_9

• Like 1

A question for those of you with Statii necks - what is the profile of the Jazz neck like? My only experience of a Status graphite neck is an old S3000, which has a flat D type profile at the back. Is the J neck like that or more like a traditional rounded J?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

A question for those of you with Statii necks - what is the profile of the Jazz neck like? My only experience of a Status graphite neck is an old S3000, which has a flat D type profile at the back. Is the J neck like that or more like a traditional rounded J?

The Status J neck I had was pretty much the same dimensions as a mid 00's MIA that I had and was a straight drop in replacement.

• Like 2

On 13/06/2022 at 23:49, joe_geezer said:

I'd be really interested to see if they introduce any new models or if they re issue one of their older designs. Since Mark King has recently switch back to Jaydee maybe they are revamping their bass line.

I would imagine that they'll do the Alex Venturella bass. I mean, I played it at the bass show almost 7 years ago.

I await the Kingbass v10 with  (affects high pitched squeal of excitement) "everything just like Mark has it!!" Yes, that is sarcasm.

Please, some sort of Buzzard replacement?! Like was suggested might happen in 2007 when I took mine to Rob for a service. The Level 42 thing has now become very grating. I wonder how many Chris Wolstenholme variants with people playing Hysteria badly rather than Mr Pink it will take before some form of new model may come out. Hopefully not fanned frets either. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

I would imagine that they'll do the Alex Venturella bass. I mean, I played it at the bass show almost 7 years ago.

I await the Kingbass v10 with  (affects high pitched squeal of excitement) "everything just like Mark has it!!" Yes, that is sarcasm.

Please, some sort of Buzzard replacement?! Like was suggested might happen in 2007 when I took mine to Rob for a service. The Level 42 thing has now become very grating. I wonder how many Chris Wolstenholme variants with people playing Hysteria badly rather than Mr Pink it will take before some form of new model may come out. Hopefully not fanned frets either. 

haha yea maybe they will release a series iv status bass...

2 minutes ago, martthebass said:

Very nice.  I'm thinking of using my 'wood containing' equivalent at a bikers festival tomorrow.....hope the heat doesn't melt it!

Yes, it's going to be a scorcher by all accounts. Hope it goes well for you mate.

Law of sod: I have a road trip this weekend. Friday is indoors (theatre) in Oxford. Staying overnight in Oxford until Saturday, when it's supposed to be tipping it down and the venue is outside in Leicester 🤷‍♂️.

Fortunately it's an amphitheatre and both the audience and the stage are covered. It'll be a good gig no matter what, but it would be nice if we could just go there once and it not be raining.

Note to self: Route from Oxford to Leicester take me past the front door of Bass Direct 😎.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Yes, it's going to be a scorcher by all accounts. Hope it goes well for you mate.

Law of sod: I have a road trip this weekend. Friday is indoors (theatre) in Oxford. Staying overnight in Oxford until Saturday, when it's supposed to be tipping it down and the venue is outside in Leicester 🤷‍♂️.

Fortunately it's an amphitheatre and both the audience and the stage are covered. It'll be a good gig no matter what, but it would be nice if we could just go there once and it not be raining.

Note to self: Route from Oxford to Leicester take me past the front door of Bass Direct 😎.

Cheers Warren, I'm up at the Farmyard Rally in Helmsley, North Yorkshire with the glam band.  Trouble is gear will be left in my Mini for a while before it can go backstage....and with a black roof, well y'know.  Would have been nice to have had the LEDs so I can see what I'm doing later in the evening but I'm sure the Fallout bass will do just fine.

Sounds like a great weekend for you, hopefully you'll get some great weather and end up with a tan like David Dickenson (but real...).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Alex has lots of different instruments (he’s friends with the Carillion guys and plays their guitars in his other projects) but he plays the Statuses when he’s touring with Slipknot. I seem to recall the designed him a pointy, kinda X-shaped one, but it never made production beyond a few prototypes. 

8 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Yes, they made a few prototypes of the V-bass, a cross between an S2 Classic and a Jackson Warrior:

1_VMAN.thumb.JPG.949eb915ba051bac685c9243e22cdb77.JPG

Yeah. I played that at the Bass Guitar show. I remember being quite excited until I realised that the top wing wasn't the right angle to lay your elbow on like the buzzard. It's just a touch too low. I remember it was tuned very low like G#, but it was in some open tuning that I can't quite remember offhand. It wasn't a bad bass in any way, but it wasn't the environment for trying it out properly with everyone slapping themselves within an inch of their lives. I guess we'll see in what format it comes out in. The one I played was a bolt on in matt black with the body being alder if I remember right. Maybe it might be neck through or one piece graphite. We wait and see.

I remember Status put up a picture of a Barracuda bass in salmon pink just before they stopped taking orders, so that's probably a thing as well. The Electro 4 has been in redevelopment for almost 2 years, so maybe that as well? Who knows. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

I remember Status put up a picture of a Barracuda bass in salmon pink just before they stopped taking orders, so that's probably a thing as well. The Electro 4 has been in redevelopment for almost 2 years, so maybe that as well? Who knows. 

I remember that too! I looked it up a while back in the Waybackmachine when there was speculation about future models in the Statii Facebook Group. Here's the screenshot I took.

214459897_StatusBarracudaRI.thumb.jpg.104bd8f8de42cdcf4ac49c105a469453.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

I remember that too! I looked it up a while back in the Waybackmachine when there was speculation about future models in the Statii Facebook Group. Here's the screenshot I took.

214459897_StatusBarracudaRI.thumb.jpg.104bd8f8de42cdcf4ac49c105a469453.jpg

I loved that design, nearly bought a 5 string one in the late 90's, ended up with a Warwick Thumb BO 5 instead though...

Something like this...

image.png.303ecc4925687a64c7298cd405e70cc4.png

I never saw that mad pink one though, gorgeous!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Russ said:

Alex has lots of different instruments (he’s friends with the Carillion guys and plays their guitars in his other projects) but he plays the Statuses when he’s touring with Slipknot. I seem to recall the designed him a pointy, kinda X-shaped one, but it never made production beyond a few prototypes. 

5 hours ago, eude said:

He certainly only plays the Status stuff live from what I've seen, he does have a lot of other basses too though ;) 

Quote from the Carillion site: "Obviously, Alex will also still continue to play his beloved Status basses, this is a non-exclusive arrangement...". So it looks like that will continue to be the case. That Carillion bass does look gorgeous though. Perhaps unsurprisingly, it has Status pickups and EQ.

Edited by Rich