Why become a member? ×

Status Basses are not taking any new orders for now

joe_geezer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Geddys nose said:

Big Jump in prices in February, £3800 for a B2 without LED's 😵

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html

I suppose you have to look at the new prices in context. If a MusicMan Stingray is now retailing for over three grand then what is a fair market price for a handmade British bass like Status?

Everything is going up for everybody, it seems like. Ultimately, any business has two options; cut profit margins or pass the extra costs on to the consumer. I would much rather Status Graphite stayed in business albeit with higher prices than be forced to pack it in. I have always found Status to be a first-rate company run by very decent people. I would still consider buying another bass from them at these prices.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cosmo Valdemar said:

What was the previous price for the B2?

About £2900 with LED's I seem to remember.

The price rises are what they are really and the order books are full so its a great position to be in for them.

I was only looking to find a cost for a couple of basses I'm pondering on selling, great for me because the  S/H prices will rocket with the new prices being that high.

53 minutes ago, Geddys nose said:

About £2900 with LED's I seem to remember.

The price rises are what they are really and the order books are full so its a great position to be in for them.

I was only looking to find a cost for a couple of basses I'm pondering on selling, great for me because the  S/H prices will rocket with the new prices being that high.

Crikey!

I was looking at the pricelist only a few weeks ago (Kingbass Artist tickling my pickle) and that's gone up from 2700 to 3300.

Rules that out for me.

I've said before on other posts, but I'm wondering where these price rises are taking the industry, given wage stagnation, and most brands raising their prices year on year, will there come a point where 'most' people just won't be able to afford brand new basses that aren't built in the far East (although some of those prices are already crazy, look at some Sterling by Musicman models and Warwick Rockbass as an example).

To re-iterate, this isn't riding on Status, they're phenomenal instruments, more, where it's all heading as an industry.

Edited by 40hz
  • Like 1

I think Status pricing has always been on the low side considering what they offer. Look what a Wal, German custom shop Warwick or a Fodera cost and it’s not as bad as it looks at first. It’s also linked to supply and demand. Clearly enough people are prepared to stump up more than £3K. There is a plethora of options for musicians on a smaller budget so I don’t see anything changing soon.

• Like 2

On 18/12/2021 at 21:35, Cosmo Valdemar said:

Clearly they don't have the Energy anymore...

On 18/12/2021 at 22:07, ped said:

Come on guys, have some Empathy

edit - damn beaten to it!

On 18/12/2021 at 22:13, AndyTravis said:

Let’s not a bit of gossip Eclipse things…

try a bit of Stealth…

otherwise, you’ll ruin the Groove…

On 18/12/2021 at 22:14, ped said:

You’ve jumped the Shark

On 18/12/2021 at 22:16, AndyTravis said:

Circling like a Buzzard for that mate…after all, you are the KING

Seriously guys. 

They're probably only trying to streamline their business or something. 

• Haha 2