Why become a member? ×

Status Basses are not taking any new orders for now

joe_geezer

Just noticed this post on Status's site:

Due to the volume of orders we have decided to temporarily close our order book.
This will allow time to work on some new ideas which have been on the back-burner for a while.

Sounds interesting, maybe they are going to reissue some past models...?

They are also add:

We will add more information when we are accepting new orders.

Edited by joe_geezer

2 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Personally, I wait for post new year. Maybe April to coincide with the new financial year for a massive price increase across the board. Oh, and a 10th Kingbass because there just has to be another one as if they didn't do one people wouldn't be able to play Mr Pink.

With Mark King now exclusively playing Jaydee's at his most recent gigs, I wonder if this has any bearing on the stop on new orders?

2 minutes ago, joe_geezer said:

With Mark King now exclusively playing Jaydee's at his most recent gigs, I wonder if this has any bearing on the stop on new orders?

I don't think that has anything to do with it and I of course was being sarcastic. MK fans have done very well for Status. I think Rob is probably doing the Electro 4 and maybe the Alex Venturella bass. Who knows, they might even update their website.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolverinebass said:

I don't think that has anything to do with it and I of course was being sarcastic. MK fans have done very well for Status. I think Rob is probably doing the Electro 4 and maybe the Alex Venturella bass. Who knows, they might even update their website.

They might upgrade it to be JavaScript and flash compatible and optimise it for Netscape Navigator…?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Wolverinebass said:

Personally, I wait for post new year. Maybe April to coincide with the new financial year for a massive price increase across the board. Oh, and a 10th Kingbass because there just has to be another one as if they didn't do one people wouldn't be able to play Mr Pink.

Maybe a stealth price increase?