Why become a member? ×

Help finding a hard case

Biscuit_Bass

Protection Racket cases have moveable (and customisable if you want to unzip and reshape) pads that Velcro to the interior.

EDIT: Not actually a hard case, but very, very well padded and solid.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ezbass said:

Protection Racket cases have moveable (and customisable if you want to unzip and reshape) pads that Velcro to the interior.

EDIT: Not actually a hard case, but very, very well padded and solid.

I bought a protection racket case recently for my custom Sei as the foam had disintegrated from it's original flight case. I bought it as a temporary solution but it's so good I'm not going to bother to get the flight case refitted.

• Like 1

This is an excellent semi-rigid case for a small price https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Fame-Soft-Case-Electric-Bass-/art-BAS0008530-000

Or even cheaper, but as good, this semi-rigid gig bag is excellent too https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/Fame-Gigbag-Electric-Bass-Modern-Deluxe/art-BAS0009376-000

Semi-rigid protection is, to me, better than a hard case that will amplify shocks when the first will absorb them.

• Like 1

I generally opt for Hiscox as a first choice, currently have 11 of them for various guitars and basses. Hiscox are having supply issues at the moment as there is a shortage of the raw materials they use to make the cases but they are fairly easy to find secondhand for about 50 to 60 quid (i have bought them for as little as 30 quid in the past)

most bass cases are fairly generic inside so will fit a wide range of basses, some companies supply movable pads to adjust the fit, I believe that hiscox will if you ask.

Matt

• Like 2

Like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

You could get something like: Thomann E-Bass Case ABS – Thomann UK   or Tourtech ABS Case for a reasonable price. Both will fit most basses, and neither will break the bank.

A Hiscox case would be a great buy, but if you ever sold the TRBX, you would probably be better either keeping the case, or selling it separately. 

The big question is, will you be using the case to store the bass and carry it to rehearsals/gigs etc.? Or will you be doing loads of travelling nationally and/or internationally and need a case that'll give your bass that extra protection?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skybone said:

Like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

You could get something like: Thomann E-Bass Case ABS – Thomann UK   or Tourtech ABS Case for a reasonable price. Both will fit most basses, and neither will break the bank.

A Hiscox case would be a great buy, but if you ever sold the TRBX, you would probably be better either keeping the case, or selling it separately. 

The big question is, will you be using the case to store the bass and carry it to rehearsals/gigs etc.? Or will you be doing loads of travelling nationally and/or internationally and need a case that'll give your bass that extra protection?

Most of the time at home it will be out on its stand. The case would be for transporting to/from lessons etc.

Would a bag be sufficient?

Edited by Biscuit_Bass

If you happy to accept a well padded gig bag I would second (third?) Protection Racket. I've got a couple and they are very good. I'd also recommend Body Glove - I have one which I generally use when I'm taking a bass out of my home.

image.png.cbf36d467f8a95b67d675c15c24747b3.png

If you insist on a hard case - go Hiscox.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 19:53, Skybone said:

Or an inexpensive ABS case, like the Tourtech or Thomann ones would be my choice. Thought the semi rigid ones do look good. Kind of a cross between a gig bag and a hard case.

Gear 4 Music Case

Gator Semi Rigid Case

I thoroughly recommend the G4M foam cases. They do a shaped one as well, and have had mine for years with no problems. Lightweight but offering excellent protection too, only case I use for all my gigs. At £49.99 they really are a no brainer. 

• Like 1