Why become a member? ×

Fans failing to turn up...

Marvin

20 hours ago, Crawford13 said:

The Trucks Tedeski band are touring the UK next year. I would absolutely love to see them, but it seems crazy to be buying tickets right now, given it seems gigs are likely to be cancelled.

I feel exactly the same. The venue for them in Glasgow seems ideal - quite small and intimate in the grand scheme of things! ZZ Top's gig in the same place was one of the best ever. But, the thought of being out of pocket for a gig that has at best a 50/50 chance of going ahead has prevented me from buying tickets so far.

Already missed out on Nick Mason, because the first re-arranged date wasn't suitable. I gave up those tickets - losing out on the substantial 'booking fee', only for it to be rescheduled again. I'm hoping to see Tarja Turunen at the third attempt come February. I'm not holding my breath. I had tickets for Nightwish in Birmingham, for it to be postponed again, until next November. I was able to move my hotel date for this at a bargain cost of only £100...

On top of this, my 17 year old kid has really gotten in to music since the start of lockdown, and has few gigs he wants to go to. I'll need to accompany him due to his autism. Starset and Sabaton tickets purchased so far - again, both early next year. I was in two minds whether to purchase them or not, but he'd be devastated if he missed them - so I had little choice but to take a punt that they'll go ahead.

Regarding my own gigging experience - it's mostly pubs that I play in, and honestly they seem as busy as they ever did. Though I suspect this weekend may be a different story...

When i bought tickets to see  Brand X  at Milton Keynes ,  i was intending to turn up 100%

It was cancelled because of Covid and rescheduled for the following year.   During the wait,  the last 2 founding members  , John Goodsall and the monstrously brilliant Percy Jones, suddenly weren't going to be there.  Goodsall couldn't some to the UK because of legal restrictions regarding the pandemic  ( Goodsall  lives in the US ) and then  Percy Jones left the band.

With neither of those last 2 original members being in the band, i didnt see the point of going to the gig.  Especially since my  undeniable excitement of seeing my favourite bass player of all time was  not going to be a reality.

I got my money back.

Edited by fleabag

3 hours ago, fleabag said:

When i bought tickets to see  Brand X  at Milton Keynes ,  i was intending to turn up 100%

It was cancelled because of Covid and rescheduled for the following year.   During the wait,  the last 2 founding members  , John Goodsall and the monstrously brilliant Percy Jones, suddenly weren't going to be there.  Goodsall couldn't some to the UK because of legal restrictions regarding the pandemic  ( Goodsall  lives in the US ) and then  Percy Jones left the band.

With neither of those last 2 original members being in the band, i didnt see the point of going to the gig.  Especially since my  undeniable excitement of seeing my favourite bass player of all time was  not going to be a reality.

I got my money back.

Exactly my feelings and experience at Southampton yesterday. 
Dont think they will reschedule - or indeed continue. Glad I saw them in the 70s. 

Went to sold out gig 5 weeks ago, 2000 capacity definitely all there. 

Tentatively showed up to sold out gig Friday night, 1,100 tickets sold - 30 people there. Because technically was all paid for, artists there , it all went ahead to the empty venue. Support played 30mins and headliner played 8-9pm, assumed out of contractual obligation. Surreal evening. 

Last night we played at a large club. The band are pretty good with isolating and taking care, but I was a bit apprehensive, all those people in the room. When we got there only about 1/3rd turned up.  Excellent. I never got within 20 feet of anyone all night.