Why become a member? ×

Secondhand 3Leaf Audio Pedals

bassist_lewis

1 minute ago, ped said:

Yeah, it’s not getting as much use as my old faves. I liked a lot about it though especially the colour 😃

I enjoyed and used mine a lot when I had it, though I found it more useful as a synth-type thing with dirt/octave as opposed to a stand-alone filter. The Chromatron is better for the latter and the C4 is better for the former. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ped said:

The proton I sold very quickly - just didn’t like it at all for some reason. Pedals do seem to be a hugely hyped corner of our hobby (for better or worse) and it seems like it’s gone particularly crazy n recent times

I know I'm guilty of becoming more obsessed with pedals over lockdown. When I wasn't gigging it was a way of feeling like I was still engaging in music, and they're cheaper than buying endless basses (usually).

It might make you angry to watch the JHS YT channel, the guy has literally EVERY version of every pedal.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spencer's Pedals are quality tools but' not the holy grail of Pedals.... I've owned Proton mk2' Wonderlove Deluxe' & my favorite the GR2  a few months ago I had the offer of a Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe... Or a  Chase Bliss filter' both which are far more expansive than  3 Leaf stuff.... But' I didn't go for it... Why? 

Because I use an Envelope Follower very rarely... & the GR2 for myself is just a Great Filter which I enjoy. 

Edited by paulo m
  • Like 1

Just seen a Proton and a Doom 2 up on Reverb for about £500. What is uncomfortable is that the seller says the bought them directly from 3Leaf in the last few weeks where Spencer has been selling off the B-stock. I don't know about you guys but that doesn't sit right with me, to buy at a comparative discount and sell on at a huge profit (for context, I believe Spencer sold them for approx. £150).

Edited by bassist_lewis

1 minute ago, bassist_lewis said:

Just seen a Proton and a Doom 2 up on Reverb for about £500. What is uncomfortable is that the seller freely admits to buying them directly from 3Leaf in the last few weeks where Spencer has been selling off the B-stock. I don't know about you guys but that doesn't sit right with me, to buy at a comparative discount and sell on at a huge profit (for context, I believe Spencer sold them for approx. £150).

Hopefully they don’t sell or he’s in for a long wait at the very least! I saw the Proton. Mental price. I couldn’t get rid of mine fast enough!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ped said:

Hopefully they don’t sell or he’s in for a long wait at the very least! I saw the Proton. Mental price. I couldn’t get rid of mine fast enough!

The Doom 2 is gone already and I only saw them a couple of hours ago. I think what annoys me is that Spencer could have charged more on his own site, and that would've been a better place for the money to go IMO.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I had a Doom for a while and I did enjoy it, however it's only useful in a octave/fuzz/filter combo (as it was designed to do) not a great sound on its own. The Doom 2  adds a muff style fuzz with a Filtered clean blend (which is similar the cog Grand Tarkin) for a cheaper and more Available effect try the Emma Okto Nojs! The fuzz section is very similar to the Doom in that it's Dynamic and has an Octave up with lots of ring mod ish harmonics when played past the 12th fret. It does have an Octave down square wave fuzz which makes it more synthy again. But dialling this out makes it similar to the Doom. It also has a fairly decent octaver with a filter to make it OC2 ish.

Im a massive fan of 3 leaf and have a GR2 on my board, however I'm not prepared to pay the daft money as good as they are. If o coukd find a filter with a loop that with a as well as the GR2 is be moving it on (I did pay a lot for it mind).

• Like 1

There’s an Octabvre III here but note, it looks like it’s the one that sold on a Facebook group on Thursday for £220 with the recipient trying to flip it for £500!

https://reverb.com/uk/item/52045457-3leaf-audio-octavbre-mkiii-2020

@Onox, @danweb22, @SumOne, @iamtheelvy, @Owno

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

There’s an Octabvre III here but note, it looks like it’s the one that sold on a Facebook group on Thursday for £220 with the recipient trying to flip it for £500!

https://reverb.com/uk/item/52045457-3leaf-audio-octavbre-mkiii-2020

@Onox, @danweb22, @SumOne, @iamtheelvy, @Owno

Slightly outside my current budget…

36 minutes ago, iamtheelvy said:

Slightly outside my current budget…

My point was that the guy is clearly scalping and people should offer around what he paid for it in the first place. I guess if enough people offer, he might get the idea that it’s overpriced. 

• Like 2