Why become a member? ×

Le Club Privé Leduc

Hellzero

4 hours ago, greenolive said:

It was modified by Christophe, 

He had to get around the original design , & went from this :-

F56C2090-DECD-4CD2-9797-E93509EBE07A.thumb.jpeg.b1898607cf89a1ec6d794fceac58f40b.jpeg

To this :-

3CE611BD-7F02-4E68-AD45-0874EFC03BC7.jpeg.6d5a6130e234a4d7a3fba8e0e50344eb.jpeg

And I love it !

Cool, makes much more sense now! I appreciate how the original control plate was an extension of the pickup, very unusual! :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DaPhonque said:

Thank you Greenolive.

Yours (or the one wich was yours before) is also beautiful. 😍
I guess it's a few years older than mine, the Design changed a little bit.
also passive?

Now I wouldn't want the fret lines anymore, but when I ordered mine I was quite a fretless beginner,
and had to jump right into recordings - so the fret lines were really needed by me back then.

My absolute dream would be to have just the same one with frets.

Yes it was passive also , I’ve not got too much experience with fretless - but can say it was the easiest and best one to play out of the few fretless basses I had 👍

I’ve got 4 Leduc basses and can say I’ve got zero gas at the moment ( well always interested in Leduc instruments ! ) 

I also play some acoustic guitar 🤫, and would love a C2 - let’s see if & when Christophe builds again!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, greenolive said:

I’ve got 4 Leduc basses and can say I’ve got zero gas at the moment ( well always interested in Leduc instruments ! ) 

get ya - it's what I'm thinking about: one fretted Leduc and my GAS should be cured.
Unfortunately there are not many Leduc on the second hand market - I wonder why :D :D 

And in that case I probably would let go one Stingray 🤭

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Maybe not the appropriate place to share, so if this violates any rules please feel free to moderate, but there's a wonderful Masterpiece 6 fretless for sale in the Netherlands:

Leduc Masterpiece MP 628 SF
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1928276532

I think this is one of @Hellzero's from page 1?

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Maybe not the appropriate place to share, so if this violates any rules please feel free to moderate, but there's a wonderful Masterpiece 6 fretless for sale in the Netherlands:

Leduc Masterpiece MP 628 SF
https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1928276532

I think this is one of @Hellzero's from page 1?

It used to be mine indeed, and the guy selling it is the very one I sold it to in 2015 and I still clearly remember this very sympathetic deal as a friend had been commissioned by the buyer and traveled 500 kilometres round from Holland to my place in Belgium to buy it for him because he was very busy.

Another real good Leduc, the half fret lines are original and where asked by the original owner (J-P C) who is a friend of mine.

So the full history of this bass is known with "only" 3 owners. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Here is my newly acquired Leduc BD3 fretted bass, bearing serial number BD3 060 A, so an early model from 1981, the tenth BD3 bass made in Fresse-sur-Moselle, France.

It has a quite unique Canadian red maple neck through (only 100 instruments were made with this quite rare wood), a Macassar ebony fretboard with small Fender type frets and a bone nut, and two wings of French alder.

Look at the continuous integrated ramp that became shorter after 1982.

The scale is 33 inches.

The pickups are the 1981 original Seymour Duncan Hot Jazz Bass (SJB-2) and Seymour Duncan Vintage Precision Bass (SPB-1), alongside a classic passive path (volume, volume, tone).

The bridge is the excellent and original 3 points brass Leduc CG3.

I changed the original Gotoh GB-7 for some very lightweight Res-O-Lite to totally avoid neck diving and replaced the original strap buttons by Dunlop Dual Design models for personal commodity.

I, of course, kept the original parts.

The total weight is now 3.960 kilos.

I've put some DR Strings Legend Flatwound 45~105 on it as it was fitted with different brands of flatwounds when I got it and sounded nice (this certainly explains the lack of wear on the frets too).

And these strings really serve this very bass: instant Motown on the neck pickup, terrific Jaco/Magma/Fusion on the bridge pickup and excellent scooped tone for chords or melodic progressions with both pickups on.

So enough talk...

1437667442_LeducBD3060A1981(1).thumb.jpg.b102350ae8d7e2170e7abe28311bc99e.jpg

1566624562_LeducBD3060A1981(2).thumb.jpg.040ae8e78d07c2b9357172f26de9af48.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
Spelling
  • Like 5

Already showed here, but it’s my new Leduc Masterpiece Fretless, one of the most beautiful. The sounds is just out of this world.

I owned and played several very good fretless (Pedulla, Le Fay, Laurus, ACG, FBass, Status, Noguera, ESP, Takamine, others Leduc, etc…) and for me it’s just THE BEST OF THEM. 

And woods are so incredible on it, it’s a gem.

Thank you very, very much @Hellzero.

425A93B1-04DD-41CB-8C80-01E4ABC51670.thumb.jpeg.d68172d69203bd3968f3823c7a52cb35.jpeg

1D13938D-2F1C-4726-923F-C7623ABCA1FE.thumb.jpeg.59748b3e6ffef97647d17a98ed392dad.jpeg

5C4FD1FE-B5FF-4192-B357-E4DD313EE5E2.thumb.jpeg.921878833231fd21bd197b6e3bfefbff.jpeg

The woods :

Neck One piece of magnificent Bird’s Eyes Canadian Hard Rock Maple

Fingerboard : Very dark Brazilian Rosewood from 19th century

Body : French Ash

Top : Wonderful Flammed Maple

Pickups : Leduc/Benedetti Single Coils with Hum-cancelling

Preamp : Leduc/EBS EL-5

Bridge : Aluminium Leduc with Brass saddles

Tuners : Hipshot Ultralight

Year of birth : 1998

Maybe I’ll make some sounds soon. 😉

• Like 7