Why become a member? ×

Ibanez

bassboy115

i dont know them personally but im abit of a gear nerd.

which one is it specifcally 'cos when look round it comes up with a few- the sortv double cutaway or the SR shape or the one with the white explosionythingy and the bolt inlay- they all look fair sweet

price wise i dont know but you can buy new ones fairly cheap considering, so in avarage nick 50 - 60% of the new price tops, otherwise get a new one for that kind of money.
as i understand it any ibanez starting with G is the lowest in that series so dont expect them to be great, but ibanez wont make total junk.

hope this helps

Not played a GIO but the Ibanez guitars that I have done jobs on seem well built, of fairly nice wood.

Like anything you get what you pay for..... DONT expect a PRS Custom 22 and you wont be dissapointed.

Expect a budget Japanese made 6 sting that will play capably and be eminently 'modable' and you should have it bang on.

Look OK to me for the money.

I've just rebult my best mates 1st guitar a 1981 Ibanez Blazer...... I enjoyed the experience so much I have hunted down a Blazer bass form teh same year and re built it......

They are both (now as they were then) very good guitars!

Bob.

[quote name='leonshelley01' post='48161' date='Aug 21 2007, 09:10 AM']I use one myself. Very fast, fluid neck with versatile electronics. In my opinion, the best sub £200 bass on the market. Always remember though that it is a cheap bass, so don't expect it to sound like a Jazz, Precision etc., it has a good "generic" tone.[/quote]

I've got a GSR200 which I use as a backup. Great bass, I bought mine as a backup to my Aerodyne J-bass, but I liked the Ibanez so much I sold the J and bought an Ibanez GS500. I paid £120 for mine in a shop, which was probably a bit on the steep side, but I don't regret it. The GS500 is gone, replaced by my P-bass, but I still have the GSR. They're fairly cheap new, so don't pay a fortune second hand.

Ok thanks,

Well iv seen one in my local paper for £60 (the only details were:IBENEZ GIO BASS GUITAR)...

I know that Ibanez make good basses and for £60 i thought it was a decent price for another back up bass! but i didnt really have any background on the bass so i thought id run it by u guys...

anyway still not sure if im gonna get it...

thanks for the help!
Alex

like everyone else has said the gsr200 is a great bass for the money, still got mine, one thing to bear in mind though is if it is pre 2004 it will be the passive model, you'll be able to tell by the amount of controls on it, if it has 4 then its one of the newer ones (active), if it has 3 then its the older version (passive)

thanks guys...

In the end i didnt get the GIO...i wasnt sure about it so i decided to go to the music shop which is about five minutes from my house and try one...it was ok but the neck was a bit bulky & i thought and it just felt like a cheap bass! unfortunately i didnt hear the sound of it as the shop didnt plug it in but i thought it was good but ive already got a back up bass and i was just interested because of the price and i only would have got it if i really liked it!
so ive decided to save my money as im hoping to get a new good bass (possibly a warwick streamer) at the end of the year!

Thanks for all the help!
Alex