Why become a member? ×

The Pedal GAS Thread

stewblack

There's nothing like selling a Helix and suddenly having cash to justifiably spend on building a pedalboard to super-charge pedal GAS! 

In the last couple of days I've bought:

- Mooer mod factory 2

- Swiff tuner

- Earthquaker devices The Warden compressor 

- Aguilar Grape Phaser

-... and potentially a filter and distortion. 

I gave up on keeping it all mini, too restricting - I'll regret it as soon as I need to move it about on public transport though. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SumOne said:

There's nothing like selling a Helix and suddenly having cash to justifiably spend on building a pedalboard to super-charge pedal GAS! 

In the last couple of days I've bought:

- Mooer mod factory 2

- Swiff tuner

- Earthquaker devices The Warden compressor 

- Aguilar Grape Phaser

-... and potentially a filter and distortion. 

I gave up on keeping it all mini, too restricting - I'll regret it as soon as I need to move it about on public transport though. 

How exciting! Grape Phaser is on my long list,band I've heard nothing but good things about Earthquaker Devices.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, stewblack said:

How exciting! Grape Phaser is on my long list,band I've heard nothing but good things about Earthquaker Devices.

I got a Grape Phaser recently to try it out and it's a must keep pedal for me. With its feedback 'color' circuit it's really funky. A great alternative to an envelope filter and one you can use more subtly as it doesn't sound like a drowning demented duck!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

I know nothing about pedals apart from my sansamp one, so a quick question, I use an Ampeg V-4B , which I’m loving ,  but there’s an Ampeg pedal for sale here ,are they used for getting the sound of the amp I’ve already got ? ,   would it be worth getting it , and would it harm the valves at all 

49 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

I know nothing about pedals apart from my sansamp one, so a quick question, I use an Ampeg V-4B , which I’m loving ,  but there’s an Ampeg pedal for sale here ,are they used for getting the sound of the amp I’ve already got ? ,   would it be worth getting it , and would it harm the valves at all 

I've not used that pedal, but I've stuck pedals into an Ampeg CL and not done any damage. My guess is it's that amp it emulates.

I've resisted the pedal because I have the amp it emulates. But it's so reasonably priced it's a tough call 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I've not used that pedal, but I've stuck pedals into an Ampeg CL and not done any damage. My guess is it's that amp it emulates.

I've resisted the pedal because I have the amp it emulates. But it's so reasonably priced it's a tough call 

Thanks very much stew, it’s as I thought, I just like anything with ampeg written on it 😁

A quite expensive pedal, but I’ve pretty much emptied my board, now I’m playing in a soul band. So got a few funds. Unsure if it’s just an extravagance or not, but apart from some good reviews, yet to find a bass review on YouTube. 

E45419D3-A477-4C90-9772-547BAF9C2061.jpeg

• Like 2

On 03/01/2022 at 10:30, Reggaebass said:

Might be worth getting if you gig and have a backup amp that isn't a V-4B.

Edited by Japhet
  • Like 1

I've finally given in and bought a Cali76 CB, as I just couldn't get that "squash" from my Helix.

Just thinking about pedals, I had what was (I think ?) a type of flanger but with a setting for ADT in the 80's.

It was a big metal EHX style case, but I'm not sure if it was one of theirs or not.

It was great for fretless ballads etc. It wasn't mine, and went back to it's owner when that band folded, but I wish I could remember what it was Pretty sure we had a Mutron alike then too. can't remember make or model of that either except it had all the controls the Mutron had in a similar layout.

If I could find them I'd buy them in a minute.

My one big spend this year would be a Fractal F9, but who knows when any stock will hit the EU, and then there's the expense of import etc. 

Edited by 2pods
  • Like 1

I'm liking the idea of a preamp pedal but they all seem pretty overcomplicated with knobs and switches everywhere lol

I'm going to try the behringer Bdi121 again as I tried it before but didn't give it a fair chance 

I'm liking the look of the ampeg pre with the scrambler overdrive on it that looks pretty simple too

Quick question regarding pedal power adapters, which I know nothing about , on the guitarguitar site it says the , TOURTECH TTA-PSU01 9V Power Supply, is ok for the Ampeg, will it also fit the Tech 21 VT, or is there one that will work for both, cheers 👍

91FB2BEF-75FE-416F-8FFC-B63F3AEE6B81.jpeg

On 03/01/2022 at 14:58, E sharp said:

A quite expensive pedal, but I’ve pretty much emptied my board, now I’m playing in a soul band. So got a few funds. Unsure if it’s just an extravagance or not, but apart from some good reviews, yet to find a bass review on YouTube. 

E45419D3-A477-4C90-9772-547BAF9C2061.jpeg

Or maybe a REDDI instead with an XLR splitter cable. One into the power amp, and one in case I need the DI function 

I just took delivery of an MXR Phase 90. I prefer it to the 100 - sounds fuller and then n between the super liquify or slightly janky 100 settings. 

I’ve also been a bit naughty and bought something pretty special that will be here on Tuesday or something.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ped said:

I just took delivery of an MXR Phase 90. I prefer it to the 100 - sounds fuller and then n between the super liquify or slightly janky 100 settings. 

I’ve also been a bit naughty and bought something pretty special that will be here on Tuesday or something.  

Tease!

• Haha 2

Have been looking for a Digitech Drop for a while with no success. Singer can't reach some of the high notes in the stuff we do and some of it doesn't work well without the low notes. So, have just 'snapped up' a Behringer US600 which is allegedly capable of handling pitch shifting so I can tune down from E to Eb or D. We shall see. Up til now I've used a pitch shift patch on a Zoom B3 but it sounds a bit 'chorusy'. I'm supposed to be getting rid of stuff by the way, not acquiring more of it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...