Why become a member? ×

Remote guitar/bass systems

SteveXFR

I used the BOSS WL20, really easy to use, just a little bug in your bass and one in the amp, no leads or packs. They automatically search the best frequency to use in the venue so no settings or anything. Test of anything technical is can I use it, if so it has to be easy & simple to do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

I used the BOSS WL20, really easy to use, just a little bug in your bass and one in the amp, no leads or packs. They automatically search the best frequency to use in the venue so no settings or anything. Test of anything technical is can I use it, if so it has to be easy & simple to do.

Me too.

• Like 1

Shure GLX systems. Build in accurate tuner on pedal board unit, clear battery level indicator on pedal board unit, long lasting rechargeable body pack, bullet proof construction, simple to use, no drop outs and zero discernible latency to my ears. It may not be the cheapest, but you’ll be getting a quality reliable wireless system that will last.

• Like 2

I use a dirt cheap one for rehearsals and some gigs, and I've got a Smoothhound on the little pedal board and a Line 6 G50 on the big one.  All seem fine as regards sound. The dirt cheap one is handy as it's USB rechargeable so doesn't need a 9V supply.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Shure GLX systems. Build in accurate tuner on pedal board unit, clear battery level indicator on pedal board unit, long lasting rechargeable body pack, bullet proof construction, simple to use, no drop outs and zero discernible latency to my ears. It may not be the cheapest, but you’ll be getting a quality reliable wireless system that will last.

This ^

By far the best on the market IMO and I’ve owned a fair few. My only concern was the lead from pack to bass was a bit thin but better ones, again IMO, are easily sourced. 

7 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Sounds good. Does it take up much space on the pedal board? 

I have the Boss WL 50 which is the WL20 receiver plus a pedal size transmitter which will charge the receiver and also has a cable emulator switch which helps with active basses. Really impressed with it for the price. Never had any issues.

• Like 1

I use the Line 6 G30 system with a strap pack Levy’s pouch for the transmitter 

Excellent and for around £130 a really decent setup 

I did think they were a bit unnecessary until a practice a while back I tripped and pulled my guitar lead out of my pedal board ! 

That was all the confirmation I needed to stay using wireless 

Another good think about the G30 is you will never have a battery recharge life failure as the receiver is powered and the transmitter is replaceable AA batteries that you get about 8hrs use per set of batteries. I’m now using Eneloop rechargeable to make it even more convenient.

Some of the dongle style are only as good as the sealed battery life span 

G30 has a terrible battery clip but in the Levy’s pouch it’s a perfect solution and the tone is as good as a decent lead

I have the Boss WL20  - been reliable and pretty spot on. Only issue I’ve had is there is a micro cut off switch on the guitar bug which is designed to stop noise and crackle when you unplug it - the switch is pretty sensitive and I’ve knocked the unit a couple of times with my leg during gigs causing the sound to cut..

I use a version of the Gear4Music pedalboard unit. The base unit is rechargeable and has a big enough battery to enable it to charge the guitar bug. It also has a built in tuner, rotary 'cable length' simulation and a dc out socket to power another pedal.

The bug also has a mute function.

The battery in the base unit has manged to match the life of the one in the bug, recharge the bug and still have charge remaining after the bug has run out of steam for a second time.Pretty pleased with it so far.

5 hours ago, naxos10 said:

I use a version of the Gear4Music pedalboard unit. The base unit is rechargeable and has a big enough battery to enable it to charge the guitar bug. It also has a built in tuner, rotary 'cable length' simulation and a dc out socket to power another pedal.

The bug also has a mute function.

The battery in the base unit has manged to match the life of the one in the bug, recharge the bug and still have charge remaining after the bug has run out of steam for a second time.Pretty pleased with it so far.

Are you saying that this pedalboard has wireless receiver built in?

On 11/12/2021 at 08:18, Dazm66 said:

I have the Boss WL 50 which is the WL20 receiver plus a pedal size transmitter which will charge the receiver and also has a cable emulator switch which helps with active basses. Really impressed with it for the price. Never had any issues.

Me too.

Played a handful of gigs with it and very impressed. 

LIne6 G50 user here, i had a G30 previously but upgraded a couple of years ago, never had an issue with either system, 

I quite like that it used AA batteries, i much prefer using separate rechargeable batteries rather than a built in rechargeable one (i use Panasonic rechargeable batteries and always keep a set of Good quality Alkalines as a last resort backup)

Matt