Why become a member? ×

Anyone remember the rock band 'Skin'

police squad

5 minutes ago, gazhowe said:

IIRC they used to do some great cover versions on the B side of their singles, including; Silly Thing (Sex Pistols) , I Got You (Split Enz) and Menah Menah (Animal’s song from the Muppets). 😎

yes they did a great cover of Unbelievable by EMF (we also covered this version) and the Madonna song, 'Express Yourself'

I saw them at Donnington in '94 and again at The Forum (Kentish Town?)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, police squad said:

yes they did a great cover of Unbelievable by EMF (we also covered this version) and the Madonna song, 'Express Yourself'

I have been in bands that did cover versions of both of those covers over the years. I've also played a version of 'Look But Don't Touch' many years ago. 

Good band. 

• Like 2

Played their first album recently and it's excellent, it was a special edition with a bonus CD of covers and other band compositions, the covers are great including Pump It Up (Elvis Costello), Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash), Unbelievable (EMF) & Hanging On The Telephone (Blondie), great band :D 

John 😎 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madshadows said:

Played their first album recently and it's excellent, it was a special edition with a bonus CD of covers and other band compositions, the covers are great including Pump It Up (Elvis Costello), Should I Stay Or Should I Go (The Clash), Unbelievable (EMF) & Hanging On The Telephone (Blondie), great band :D 

John 😎 

Interestingly, and, you could say coincidentally, Skin covered Hangin' just after the band I played in supported them - and it was a strong track in our own set list. I forget the band, but a similar thing happened with our version of Message In A Bottle. lol. Myke Gray is on my Facebook, he's a hard working so-and-so that's for sure. He deserves to do well. Also known for Jagged Edge and current band Shades Of Gray. 

• Like 1