Why become a member? ×

Small home practice bass amp?

Angel

My trusty old Roland Micro Bass Cube RX Combo has died. I may well get the same thing again as I rather liked it, but I was just wondering if there is anything else out there that people like/recommend? Needs to be small so that the wife doesn't complain about it! 

Any thoughts?

Ashdown B-Social. Massively underrated bits of kit. Comes with a wireless dongle so you can play unplugged, you can also run a backing track via Bluetooth while running two instruments via the two inputs, so you can have 3 instruments and a backing track running simultaneously. Very handy for a full band jam! 

9 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

What's your budget? Some nice tiny amps out there like the Markbass 801, PJB Double Four & M7 and the Trace Elf 1x10 combo.

Could always have a look at the little 6" house jam cab build on here and pair it with a nano head like a TC Bam or Warwick Gnome.

Budget .... Hmmnnn. I'd rather keep under £200 I guess but that's not cast in stone. It's just something to noodle at home with. I looked at your suggestions, all nice but I'd say more than I intend to sped.

Edited by Angel

23 hours ago, binky_bass said:

Ashdown B-Social. Massively underrated bits of kit. Comes with a wireless dongle so you can play unplugged, you can also run a backing track via Bluetooth while running two instruments via the two inputs, so you can have 3 instruments and a backing track running simultaneously. Very handy for a full band jam! 

A bit expensive for me!

1 hour ago, Angel said:

That's for bass as well?I though it was just guitar.

Nope, its got some bass models in there as well. And some of the clean guitar amp models work really work for bass as well - it's just labels....The media integration is really good, headphone sound is excellent and the tiny speakers are ok at home practice volumes.

I have both a GK Backline 10 and 12" combos. The 10" has been with me since I started playing again 12 years ago - great little amps - work for home practice and for rehearsal in small spaces. Loud enough to compete with guitars and drums.

If you shop around you'll find one for around £100.