Why become a member? ×

Where do you keep your plectra?

Twigman

Usually wear jeans, so I keep a couple in the little watch-pocket (aka johnny-pocket) on the front right side, which has the advantage of them not falling out during the wash when I invariably forget about them.

dunlop pick holder by the bridge on my hohner cricket bat,
and on the scratchplate of my warmoth P (used to have it by the bridge but I kept catching my right hand on it)

that way I don't have to worry about songs needing a pick getting called out on the fly and taking me by surprise.
meanwhile, the guitarist is always scrabbling around to find where he left his capo...

This is where Truss Rod Cover plates come in so useful...

Failing that, the scratch plate is another good place...

Or, as previously mentioned either your back pocket or "Zippo" pocket in your jeans.

If you are priveleged enough to own an exotic wood bass without a scratchplate, and don't fancy the idea of sticking something to it, then maybe you could pay for someone to stand somewhere off stage and be your "Pick Monkey". :)

On the yam 375 there's a gap at the edge of the neck pickup that's just the right size for a plec, and allows superfast changes (can change on any note in a medium tempo straight 4 without dropping a beat) It's almost as if someone designed it that way. When slumming it with the p i just jam a couple under the scratchplate.

+1 to having loads scatered around the place. few on the amp, few taped to mic stands, few on the floor, pockets. etc.

I like the strap pick-holder idea though.

[quote name='SteveO' post='455593' date='Apr 6 2009, 03:48 PM']I like the strap pick-holder idea though.[/quote]

Here's a few shots.
I'm trying to remember which BC person came up with the idea of taking clips off cheap tape measures for this. I'm eternally grateful to them anyway ...
[attachment=23399:PickHolderClip.jpg]

[quote name='Marky L' post='455271' date='Apr 6 2009, 11:29 AM']I use the age old, highly cheesy option of a strip of gaffa tape on my mic stand and attach a line of a few picks on to the part of the tape still showing.[/quote]

+1 you can always see them, don't have to move away from your mic, very cheap, good times.

One of our guitarists has a terrible habit of dropping picks so he has picks on his amp (alongside his wooden bird), in his pockets, on his mic stand and clipped to his strap. I guess you can't beat using all of the options!

[quote name='leschirons' post='455970' date='Apr 6 2009, 11:25 PM']Only use it for one song (Down to the doctors, Dr Feelgood)[/quote]

What a top class song. Hope your guitarist does a good "Wilko"! :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='456119' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:02 AM']If you use the gaffatape strip method don't the plectrums* get all sticky?[/quote]
That'd be an added bonus for me.

I've never been good at holding a plectrum, have contemplated glue but that might be awkward when I go for a smoke.

[quote name='Eight' post='456124' date='Apr 7 2009, 09:04 AM']That'd be an added bonus for me.

I've never been good at holding a plectrum, have contemplated glue but that might be awkward when I go for a smoke.[/quote]

or a wizz .... :)

Yeah but then you revert to finger style and have sticky goo on your plucking fingers .....