Why become a member? ×

Good Service From Andertons

Frank Blank

Ordered a QSC K12.2 from Andertons yesterday afternoon around 1pm. DPD emailed to say it would be delivered today between 17:30-18-30 and at 17:35 it arrived. A nasty hole in the side of the box had me worried but luckily (especially as there was no padding inside the box whatsoever) I seem to have got away with it. Unfortunately it arrived with a European mains lead so I am unable to test the unit. I emailed Andertons straight away so we'll see how they respond but so far, very quick.

I’m sure they’ll sort it out quickly - my experience has always been very positive with them. Most notably a situation in which I had purchased (and activated) the wrong software and they bent over backwards to help me deactivate my license in order to allow me to return & refund the purchase...which was entirely my fault in the first place.

They’re easily in my personal top 3 music retailers of choice.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

Ordered a QSC K12.2 from Andertons yesterday afternoon around 1pm. DPD emailed to say it would be delivered today between 17:30-18-30 and at 17:35 it arrived. A nasty hole in the side of the box had me worried but luckily (especially as there was no padding inside the box whatsoever) I seem to have got away with it. Unfortunately it arrived with a European mains lead so I am unable to test the unit. I emailed Andertons straight away so we'll see how they respond but so far, very quick.

why dont you just use a UK mains lead. Same voltage etc etc.

My QSC rig came the same, with euro plugs but IIRC they had chucked in UK ones too

35 minutes ago, police squad said:

My QSC rig came the same, with euro plugs but IIRC they had chucked in UK ones too

UK consumer law states that all mains powered equipment must be supplied with cables with UK plugs on them. Alternatively a UK plug that fits over the EU one and is held permanently in place is an acceptable substitute. Plug in adaptors are not allowed. Technically the OP has paid for a UK cable so one should be supplied. 

• Like 1

I've had both great and not so good service from them, but mostly they've been good. Their loyalty points are a good way to keep me going back. The not so good was when I returned a Line 6 wireless and it took months to get a replacement. Not Anderson's fault but there was complete silence on progress and I had to chase and chase. I've phoned once before and had some kid give me the impression I'm wasting his time, but usually I get really helpful people. It's still one of the first places I look for stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, police squad said:

I don’t have one. I ordered one straight away from Amazon obviously but I still think if it has a European mains it should say so on the ad, I would have got one prior. I know it’s unlike a musicians not to be knee deep in kettle leads but I just happen not to be right now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

I don’t have one. I ordered one straight away from Amazon obviously but I still think if it has a European mains it should say so on the ad, I would have got one prior. I know it’s unlike a musicians not to be knee deep in kettle leads but I just happen not to be right now.

Actually selling something like this without also supplying a UK mains lead is against consumer law. There should be no need for you to go and buy one. Personally I would expect Andertons to get me a suitable lead in the post for next day delivery or threaten them with Trading Standards.

1 minute ago, BigRedX said:

Actually selling something like this without also supplying a UK mains lead is against consumer law. There should be no need for you to go and buy one. Personally I would expect Andertons to get me a suitable lead in the post for next day delivery or threaten them with Trading Standards.

I am awaiting  a reply to the email I sent as soon as I took delivery. Although I have purchased another I will be expecting the correct lead to be dispatched and will take it down the route you suggest if one is not forthcoming. You don’t happen to have a link to something that states correct mains should be supplied?

3 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Received a reply to my email at midday. Profuse apologies, posting the correct mains lead out to me straight away.

That's what you want. Bit of grovelling and then a new lead posted to correct the situation - I'd call that excellent service. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bridgehouse said:

That's what you want. Bit of grovelling and then a new lead posted to correct the situation - I'd call that excellent service. 

Yes, anyone can make a mistake, it's how businesses deal with customers when things go wrong that counts and the more I deal with businesses the more I think it is down which individual you happen to get to communicate with, hence the variations in responses from the same company. 

• Like 2

Just now, Frank Blank said:

Yes, anyone can make a mistake, it's how businesses deal with customers when things go wrong that counts and the more I deal with businesses the more I think it is down which individual you happen to get to communicate with, hence the variations in responses from the same company. 

I'd certainly say that's a big part of it...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I ordered an EV PA "bundle" on Friday last week.

It promised Monday6th delivery in the ad but when I had my order confirmation e-mail the date had changed to Tuesday 7th.

That wasn't convenient for me so I changed it to Wednesday ( today)between 09.00 and 13.00hrs.

It arrived at 11.30 am..... complete with Euro power leads!

I telephoned them and a nice Guy, calling himself Matt ( I have no reason to doubt him), immediately apologised and promised to send two UK ones ,by courier, to arrive tomorrow.

I offered to post the others back to them but he said not to bother.

Excellent service, excellent communication and, a happy Raymondo so far.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raymondo said:

I ordered an EV PA "bundle" on Friday last week.

It promised Monday6th delivery in the ad but when I had my order confirmation e-mail the date had changed to Tuesday 7th.

That wasn't convenient for me so I changed it to Wednesday ( today)between 09.00 and 13.00hrs.

It arrived at 11.30 am..... complete with Euro power leads!

I telephoned them and a nice Guy, calling himself Matt ( I have no reason to doubt him), immediately apologised and promised to send two UK ones ,by courier, to arrive tomorrow.

I offered to post the others back to them but he said not to bother.

Excellent service, excellent communication and, a happy Raymondo so far.

I’ve always found them very helpful, even when you don’t buy anything. Good to see they’re still providing a service that will keep folk coming back.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I didn't think it was worth starting a new topic over, just a warning tbat there may have been a glitch in Anderton's matrix for anyone who's ordered somwthing in the last couple of days.

I ordered something yesterday and got acknowledgement email aaying my order was being processed and would be with me today.

Because I hadn't had a 'dispatched' email from them or a nessage from a courier within 24hrs this morning I checked my Andertons order history on their website and yesterday's order wasn't on it.

I set them a message via their 'contact us' link on their help page and within 20 mins someone got back to me to say that for some reason, though payment has been taken for some reason the order 'did not download to their system'

He also said that he'd processed the order manually and it should be with me tomorrow.

So just a heads up to anyone who's ordered from them in the last couple of days if you've not had the 'your item has been dispatched' email it might be worth checking with them.

And kudos to Andertons. I've only ever had one other problem with them, a bass with a dead pickup and much like today they arranged a solution within minutes of me making them aware.

Edited by Cato
  • Like 1