Why become a member? ×

NBD - ACG Harlot 6

binky_bass

• binky_bass changed the title to NBD - ACG Harlot 6
2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

Probably my least favourite ACG body shape, but it does look beautifully made and I love the woods! Interesting pickup placement too, very widely spaced with a big humbucker close to the neck. 

Haha! I was just about to post that it's my favourite ACG shape!

Different strokes etc. 😀

2 hours ago, eude said:

Gorgeous!

How's it sound?

I recall the extreme pickup locations made some really cool tones.

Eude

Not actually plugged it in yet! 

It badly needed a set up, the action was quite high and the B string was too thick to sit in the bridge saddle correctly, but after a few passes with a round needle file it now sits perfectly, and after a few quarter turns of the truss rod and a lowering of the bridge saddles the action over the zero radius fret board is perfect! 

The hipshot bridge that came with it when it was made can't really go back on as the new mono-rails (also Hipshot!) have new screw holes that'll show if the hipshot goes back on. No worries though as the mono-rails are very good quality.

Replaced the Schaller strap pins for Dunlop ones so all my straps now fit! The balance is great and the condition is 9/10, just one minor zing behind the tip of the lower horn. 

All in, very happy! 

Edited by binky_bass
  • Like 1