Why become a member? ×

NBD - Fender Road Worn Jazz

CookPassBabtridge

Picked this up just before the weekend - all credit however has to go to the legend that is @Jonesy for pointing me in its direction!

I recently acquired a Road Worn P in a trade and having been very impressed by it was on the hunt for a Road Worn Jazz to match. I'd been keeping an eye out for a number of months but had never managed to find one in sunburst...until now!

Anyone familiar with these basses will know what they're all about - arguably some of the best models to ever come out of the Mexican factory. The neck on this is excellent, super smooth and quick. The single coil pickups provide a lot of grunt, but backing off the front pup gets it close to that Jaco-esque tone. 

I still want to spend a bit more time with it before waxing too lyrical, but suffice to say first impressions are very good indeed. 

A few pics below, including next to her new sister :) 

Also tagging @la bam  who I believe likes a good Road Worn. 

IMG_7753.jpg

IMG_7767.jpg

IMG_7766.jpg

• Like 11

Oh my, what a lovely pair! I'm not usually a fan of relic'd finishes, but have been coming around to them recently and those 2 are rather lovely. Great stuff! Really pleased that you're happy with it and that you've completed the set. If I ever see a roadworn looking sunburst stingray, I'll give you a shout! 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reggaebass said:

Lovely 👍, and a nice tort, some of them I find a bit too bright 

Indeed, this one is a bit on the darker side, I like how it's slightly understated.

30 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

Oh my, what a lovely pair! I'm not usually a fan of relic'd finishes, but have been coming around to them recently and those 2 are rather lovely. Great stuff! Really pleased that you're happy with it and that you've completed the set. If I ever see a roadworn looking sunburst stingray, I'll give you a shout! 😂

Haha, why not - then I'll have the 'holy trinity'! 😂  Thanks again matey.

• Like 1