Why become a member? ×

!!! SOLD !!! 1991 Ibanez AFR A304 #0123 with original form fitted hard case, all the goodies and papers. Get yourself a rare piece of history !
£1325
Etalle, South Belgium

Hellzero

Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (67% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using as well as some stuff I don't use. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

1991 Ibanez AFR A304 #0123 with original form fitted hard case, all the goodies and papers. Get yourself a rare piece of history !

ABSOLUTELY NO TRADES, EXCEPT LEDUC BASSES !

NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : €1550 Euros or £1325 GBP !!! New price with optional hard case was 2350 Euros in 1991 !!!

Shipping to United Kingdom is, of course, possible, but with an extra customs fee (VAT + other taxes + courier fee), because U.K. is now outside EEC.

In fully working condition and in very good overall condition for its age.

Here are the specifications :

Body : two pieces flamed maple (shape patented by Rolf Spuler)

Neck : one piece maple half-trough neck with 2 graphite bars (an innovation in 1991)

Fingerboard : ebony

Frets (slightly marked) : 22 (E and A), 23 (D) and 24 (G) with white side dots and double abalone dots at the 12th position on the fingerboard

Headstock : 2 + 2 (shape patented by Rolf Spuler) with matching flamed maple top

Pickups : 4 polyphonic piezo pickups in each saddle called PPP (patented by Rolf Spuler) + AFR 4 Special magnetic pickup

Controls : volume, blend, stacked bass and treble

Preamp (18 Volts) : Matthias Grob designed especially for the AFR basses with gain for each piezo and 2 bands EQ (cut/boost)

Tuners : Gotoh/Ibanez GB-7

Bridges : 4 Mono Rail's (patented by Rolf Spuler) including a Stay-D-Tune (patented by Rolf Spuler) detuner on the E Mono Rail

Strings spacing at bridge : 19 mm

Nut : graphite

Strings spacing at nut : 11 mm

Knobs : original Ibanez

Scale : 34 inches

Hardware colour : Cosmo black

Truss rod : one single action

Finish : satin

Land of craftsmanship : Japan/Switzerland

Serial number : 0123

Year : 1991

Weight : 3.215 kilos

Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th position (can even go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the optional original Ibanez AFR form fitted hard case, all the goodies and papers.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

I'm only selling this bass because I'm thinning down the herd for the reasons mentioned above and that I also bought a new digital hybrid piano... 🤦‍♂️

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has received 2 new batteries and is fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario Flex Steels stainless steel strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95) that really serve the bass.

Check the Ibanez AFR catalogue in the link below to understand that this bass is totally unique in its design, craftsmanship and innovations as it has so much patents by the late Rolf Spuler and that there were only next to 900 AFR basses built between 1991 and 1993.

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the real condition, which is used with some minor dings and dongs that I tried to photographed.

Link to the Paradis Guitars website page of the AFR : https://www.paradis-guitars.com/products.htm

Here is the link to the 45 photos in high resolution, the 1991 Ibanez AFR catalogue, the German test in Gitarre & Bass from 1992, the service manual and the Stay-D-tune plus Mono Rail manual : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1P_Lm6dLQtE8hTglILyikLmPx-kvrufy1?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

Edited by Hellzero
Text too black in dark theme
  • Like 21

I was the original owner of this bass. I only parted from this because I received a fretless 5 in trade. This flame maple four is as good as it gets. I used it along with my Passion II. Lightweight, handles very well, has a broad sound palette... If a working wo/man needs a beautiful and serious tool, this is it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Hellzero changed the title to !!! ON HOLD !!! 1991 Ibanez AFR A304 #0123 with original form fitted hard case, all the goodies and papers. Get yourself a rare piece of history !
1 minute ago, warwickhunt said:

No surprise really, the taxation thing has stuffed up Euro trades completely.  :(  

For sure. I bought the BassChat T-Shirt and the customs duties are simply delirious, but I knew it. That said, it was my last U.K. buying (and I'm still waiting for it after having paid these duties).

• Hellzero changed the title to !!! SOLD !!! 1991 Ibanez AFR A304 #0123 with original form fitted hard case, all the goodies and papers. Get yourself a rare piece of history !
  • martthebass locked this topic