Why become a member? ×

Cheap graphite necked Jazz bass- banger - *SOLD*
£150
Norfolk

E sharp

Final 4 string left of the ongoing cull. 

I’ve had this for 20 years, and was bought as a graphite necked banger bass- that I’ve used for maybe two gigs that were a possibility of being dodgy ones. 

Guy I bought it off, said it was a 70’s jazz body, that he got a Vongunton neck out on, when he was in Germany in the RAF. 

Tuners are big ol reverse tune jobbies. 
Got Rob Green at Status to take out the knackered electrics out, and replace with one of his 2 band circuits. He also put on one of his bridges. The humbuckers were, to quote him, ‘super output humbuckers, as the output of them was huge. There’s a buzz on the E string from around frets 12 to 15. So the neck isn’t super straight. This, I knew when I got it, but it was super functional for what I needed it for- banger or emergency back up. The batteries had corroded, when I checked last week, so it will require a new wire threading through to the battery compartment- 18 volt system. It’s quite neck heavy- may be the tuners, neck, or a combination of both. 

Served me well, for what it was needed for, but will no longer be needed by me. Scales are showing 3.5 kgs, then 8lbs- with me on and off with and without bass. But I think they must be wrong, as it feels a lot heavier than that- just trying to be honest here. It’s got a wooden FB on it, so someone could get that replaced which may sort out the slight anomaly with the neck. Or you could break it for the parts. 

I have absolutely nothing to pack this up with, so please don’t ask- as I’m already waiting in for someone’s courier as I write this. 

So cash on pick up please. It’ll come in an old Peavey double gig bag, that I rolled with for years- not the best, but perfectly functional.

Any questions, just ask away. 

Thanks

3879AF99-21DB-4B4A-87C6-61F8B6DBAE85.jpeg

F9623C9E-D4DF-48C7-9FAF-35B8A29C1D8A.jpeg

4BA570F9-2082-4D9D-BE39-234EC841198F.jpeg

43D1E603-6450-4322-A29A-80B5BCECDC53.jpeg

23CAEA4C-98CC-4A55-8ACD-0888133FD56A.jpeg

2A3D8AFC-9F95-40F0-9D8C-3A435A979EA3.jpeg

Edited by E sharp
Sold
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • E sharp changed the title to Cheap graphite necked Jazz bass- banger . SOLD , please lock