Why become a member? ×

Cab Height / Stack Height

Guest BassAdder27

47 minutes ago, Jack said:

It just is. I know I know, wall loading subs, dispersion, has anyone mentioned power alley yet? 

The problem is that, in an imperfect world with competing priorities and a different stage each night, it's often the best compromise. I once convinced my hard rock band to at least stack both subs on one side of the stage with the top on top and then have the other top on the other side. Technically better yes, but it meant carrying an extra stand rather than a distance rod, worrying about the legs sticking out, having to secure the three cabinet stack with ratchet straps and then running the output of one of the subs all the way across the frontline. 

Stick the subs one on top of the other in a convenient corner of the venue and just have the tops out front. No weird asymmetric stand stuff to worry about.

Edited by bassman7755
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bassman7755 said:

Stick the subs one on top of the other in a convenient corner of the venue and just have the tops out front. No weird asymmetric stand stuff to worry about.

11 hours ago, Bill Fitzmaurice said:

That. While the tops need to go to the left and right front the subs can be stuck out of the way, because on the one hand their output pattern is omnidirectional, while on the other not directionally locatable.

Indeed. I really don't think it'd be productive to go back and forth about this, waste of a good thread and all that. Off the top of my head though I can think of several other compromises that would have to be made with those suggestions. My point wasn't that 'mains on top of subs, each side of the stage' is the ideal situation, it was just that it's often the best compromise.