Why become a member? ×

How versatile are the Darkglass amps and cabs?

ambient

I’ve watched no end of video demonstrations of their gear. The demonstrations tend to feature someone playing very fast and distorted metal riffs.

Is that all they’re good for though?

I have a couple of their pedals, I do use them to provide distortion, I also use them - particularly the Alpha Omega Ultra - as just a preamp.

Are they suitable for other genres and styles of playing too?

The bassist from The Cockney Rejects uses one of their amps, just set to a regular bass sound, no (or very little) drive and it sounds great. Wasn’t the sound I was expecting when I saw him setting it up, was pleasantly surprised.

I used my M900 in a covers band, covering a lot of genres. I personally think the clean sound of them is a bit of a hidden gem. All the demos, as you say, seem to concentrate on the dirt channel, but they do clean very well. There’s a YouTube video of Andy Irvine playing a yellow Dingwall through a M900, where he stays on the clean channel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ern500evo said:

I used my M900 in a covers band, covering a lot of genres. I personally think the clean sound of them is a bit of a hidden gem. All the demos, as you say, seem to concentrate on the dirt channel, but they do clean very well. There’s a YouTube video of Andy Irvine playing a yellow Dingwall through a M900, where he stays on the clean channel. 

Ah, thank you. I’ll check that out.

• Like 1