Why become a member? ×

Zoot 'Wal-a-like' - FINISHED

Bass Culture

1 hour ago, Bass Culture said:

I may get a set of black bridges and see what it looks like with black base plates and gold saddles.

That was my immediate thought and it seems I am not alone in thinking this will look very tasty indeed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cosmicrain said:

Yes I have to agree, Marks lust for bling got the better of him, as this mock-up looks more business like.

I am here you know! 😁

Well, it looks like we have a hung jury!  The gold bridges were just some I already had and don't owe me anything, so I think I'll buy some black ones also and experiment.

• Like 2

• Bass Culture changed the title to Zoot 'Wal-a-like' - FINISHED
7 hours ago, NickA said:

Wow.  Very lovely.  Looking forward to hearing a head to head with funkles walish. 

Meanwhile ... it looks better made than my actual Wal.

Timescales aside ..... comparative cost to a new Wal?

The Zoot Boudica "Wal-a-like" is £2,600.00 - £2,750.00 Also available in a left handed version at no extra cost.  I'm not sure, and correct me if I'm wrong,  but I think a new commissioned Wal will set you back around £6,500.00 and they are currently quoting a 4 year wait as a deliver time.  Regards, Mike.

Edited by Cosmicrain
  • Like 7

On 14/05/2022 at 09:12, Cosmicrain said:

Wal will set you back around £6,500.00 and they are currently quoting a 4 year wait as a deliver time. 

...and the rest.  No prices published at present.  Delivery time undefined as they're not taking new orders.

*** Please note that the demand for our basses continues to exceed our production capacity, and our delivery time has now stretched to over four years. At this moment we are no longer accepting new orders until the backlog has reduced. Please let us know if you would like us to add you to our list to contact once when we are accepting orders again. ***

Prices don't, it seems, put off the people who MUST have a "Geddy" or a "Justin" look alike ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NickA said:

...and the rest.  No prices published at present.  Delivery time undefined as they're not taking new orders.

*** Please note that the demand for our basses continues to exceed our production capacity, and our delivery time has now stretched to over four years. At this moment we are no longer accepting new orders until the backlog has reduced. Please let us know if you would like us to add you to our list to contact once when we are accepting orders again. ***

Prices don't, it seems, put off the people who MUST have a "Geddy" or a "Justin" look alike ...

I didn't realise it had gone over 4 years... That's a long time.