Why become a member? ×

EHX Qtron Nano

lee650

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Actually maybe not as I’ve signed up to the gear abstinence thread. 😱

But if at the start of this week you have, say, 10 pedals - then you sell one and buy the Q-Tron, then at the end of the week you’ll still have 10 pedals. I think that still qualifies for abstinence club membership. 😀

Edited by Gareth Hughes
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Gareth Hughes said:

But if at the start of this week you have, say, 10 pedals - then you sell one and buy the Q-Tron, then at the end of the week you’ll still have 10 pedals. I think that still qualifies for abstinence club membership. 😀

By that token I could buy another bass as I sold one last weekend. 

Well, I've been resisting buying any effects pedals for a while now as I am weak and I know it will be an expensive dark hole of obsession, but I finally gave in and bought the Nano Q-Tron. Andertons were showing one in stock, pulled the trigger but then got an email saying it was on display and had a minor scratch. Cancelled that, ordered from Juno via eBay at 1800 hours and arrived before 1000 the next day!

Quick question, the actually button to turn the pedal on/off requires a firm press to engage with a clearly audible click, more so than other pedals I've used. I assume this is normal? Appreciate that's subjective!

No idea what I'm doing with it, twisting knobs and looking for some quack!

• Like 2

I was futering with mine last night and noticed the same - it does require a solid push to turn on and off, more so than other pedals but not enough to cause concern, IMO. As for the click - I have it at the start of playing, and then after turning on/off multiple times in the course of playing it disappears. I’ve had many pedals do this over the years so, again, no cause for concern, IMO.

How are you finding it? Is the quack to your liking?

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 14:08, Gareth Hughes said:

As for the click - I have it at the start of playing, and then after turning on/off multiple times in the course of playing it disappears. I’ve had many pedals do this over the years so, again, no cause for concern, IMO.

Good to know, thanks. It's more the physical resistance of the click, I don't think it's anything to worry about just different to other pedal switches I've used.

On 19/01/2022 at 14:08, Gareth Hughes said:

How are you finding it? Is the quack to your liking?

Haven't had an awful lot of time to play with it but have got some good quack going on! Also some awful sounds so need to spend some time looking at how the "drive" and "q" knobs interact with each other. Complete pedal noob so don't have a reference point to compare it with. Got some bits coming on Monday to build my first board so I can see this is the start of the obsession ...

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Enjoying this one more than the Supa Funk. It’s a very fast attack on the envelope and a nice smooth decay like on the Micro-Tron. Plenty of range on the resonance control. Still think I prefer the Micro-Tron as it has a more noticeable bwah on the front of the note due to the slightly slower attack. 

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 21:02, Quatschmacher said:

Enjoying this one more than the Supa Funk. It’s a very fast attack on the envelope and a nice smooth decay like on the Micro-Tron. Plenty of range on the resonance control. Still think I prefer the Micro-Tron as it has a more noticeable bwah on the front of the note due to the slightly slower attack. 

Ahh! so it is a different sound to the Micro then?

Edited by lee650