Why become a member? ×

EHX Qtron Nano

lee650

So, looks like EHX finally gave the fantastic Qtron the Nano treatment.

They've added a volume to the Micro/mini 3 controls,but i think adding a clean blend (or the old big box mix mode) and an up/down switch, would have made this a killer filter.  A missed opportunity?

I'm quite interested to see if this sounds like the Micro or if they've managed to recreate the original tone.

Sounds nice on the short Bass Demo 😁

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

Yes!!!! My true filter love. I ADORE the original, even if both of mine developed speaker-blowing capabilities. It’s the tone, feel and response I’m always chasing in other filters. Don’t mind the lack of blend, and a volume control was a mod I had done on both of mine. Colour me excited by this!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Holy crap I’ll certainly be checking this out. Shame about the lack of mix mode and down sweep but the addition of a volume knob is very welcome. 

Yeah! It doesn't seem available here at the moment. I have seen it at £85 +postage from a European vendor. I think I'm going to get one of these.

I'd have loved a couple of features from the old big box, but as you say, the volume control and smaller size make it worth having.

Edited by lee650

41 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Yeah! It doesn't seem available here at the moment. I have seen it at £85 +postage from a European vendor. I think I'm going to get one of these.

I'd have loved a couple of features from the old big box, but as you say, the volume control and smaller size make it worth having.

That's a great price. But 20% VAT and £12 Customs handling on top maybe?

4 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's a great price. But 20% VAT and £12 Customs handling on top maybe?

Well yes! I was thinking the same thing. I'll wait till they get in the UK. It may translate to nearer £100 once we get them in.

23 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Well yes! I was thinking the same thing. I'll wait till they get in the UK. It may translate to nearer £100 once we get them in.

That's still way better than pretty much all the competition. And if it's 90% as good as a 3Leaf Proton Mk4, to the point that an audience doesn't notice, why wouldn't you get this instead?

Obviously the proof will be in the A/Bing! 

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

That's still way better than pretty much all the competition. And if it's 90% as good as a 3Leaf Proton Mk4, to the point that an audience doesn't notice, why wouldn't you get this instead?

Obviously the proof will be in the A/Bing! 

Oh god here we go!! The famous audience who we should run all purchases past first 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ped said:

Oh god here we go!! The famous audience who we should run all purchases past first 😂

Yes absolutely. Why shell out good money for new kit, if what you have is already excellent? Not everyone has money to burn. 

20 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

All being well, I’ll be in Germany for Christmas. Happy to bring one back if you get it sent to me there. 

Thanks Peter, but I'll wait. He website, in question is showing not in stock, so must be taking pre-orders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...