Why become a member? ×

Anyone had problems with Bax lately?

T-Bay

1 minute ago, PatrickJ said:

These are my personal experiences, I'm sure like with Bax others have dealt with them no problem at all.

A few years ago I bought a cab from them, advertised as having free delivery.  They called me up after I placed the order and told me I had to pay delivery.

I reluctantly agreed (i shouldn't have), took the day off work waiting for the delivery and unsurprisingly it never showed up.  Didn't even respond to my email complaining about it the cab I just got a delivery schedule notification from the courier for a couple of days later.

A year or so later I was selling a bass, no joy on here so I emailed them asking them about selling via their shop and asking for details about commission etc.  Didn't even bother responding to me.

Appalling customer service from my perspective, once they had my money they couldn't give a shit so as a consumer I avoid them now. 

Thats pretty p1ss poor service 😭

5 hours ago, T-Bay said:

What is this mythical Hermes customer service you speak of? They are impossible to contact, I have searched everywhere for a number to contact a human being and it always ended up with the same bot chat crap with no suitable options. Reading around they are notoriously impossible to contact.

They used to have a CS number, but they soon got wise to that.  When you get hundreds of calls complaining about  shoddy service, you either have to pay more staff to answer the phone complaints as they multiply, or do away with them altogether, and  use  chat-bot, or just as brilliant, you have to use  Arrsebook. 

I used Arrsbook to do just that after it was obvious one of their drivers stole my goods, and in the end, they just stopped answering messages.  I won in the end.  Paypal even sided with them just because the courier said it was ' delivered '    No signature or anything.

My bank sorted out the thieving w@nkers

• Like 1

I don't know if all the negative publicity has provoked a change but Hermes seem to provide a more reliable service these days.

At least in my area they do.

I'll never forget the woman who used to deliver for them, listening to our tale if woe about the parcel which had finally arrived, and saying "I know, we're a bloody nightmare, aren't we?"

2 hours ago, T-Bay said:

Quick update, I thought I had sorted it but turns out it was cow poop again. I have opened a PayPal dispute now. I will never use them again and judging by their Facebook page, and the new scammed by Bax Facebook page, I am not alone sadly.

You don't need to look at a scammed page, you can actually look at their own page and see a wall of complaints

22 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

You don't need to look at a scammed page, you can actually look at their own page and see a wall of complaints

I mentioned that but thought it also worth pointing out the other page - sure sign something is wrong when a page like that appears and gets the volume of traffic it is doing. Really sad as I have used them for ages with no issues but seems like they have changed or maybe I have just been really lucky in the past.

Thats the problem with these European box shifter music stores. All is great until you have a problem and then you find out why they are cheap.

I have an ongoing thing at the moment that hopefully will be resolved soon and I will tell all. And it might surprise you what I found out. :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 04/12/2021 at 20:39, jezzaboy said:

Thats the problem with these European box shifter music stores. All is great until you have a problem and then you find out why they are cheap.

I have an ongoing thing at the moment that hopefully will be resolved soon and I will tell all. And it might surprise you what I found out. :ph34r:

Well it certainly surprised me!

On 07/12/2021 at 17:02, T-Bay said:

Finally got it sorted but phoning them or emailing them is pointless. The only way I got things moving was to moan on their Facebook page and get PayPal involved. Bloody crazy way to run a business.

Yep, no response for me so I’ve had to open a PayPal dispute. Won’t be using them again - classic ‘bait and switch’ sales tactics allied with non-existent customer service…

About three years ago I ordered and paid in full a Rickenbacker 4003 from Bax as I had a discount offer to use. I realised that there would be a significant lead time but when the original estimated delivery date was repeatedly extended month by month I requested a refund, which was received in full within a day.

I don`t want to go into too much detail here but there is something to be aware of when buying amps, cabs etc from a European music store.

If anything goes wrong with the gear even though you may have registered the product with the manufacturer, as it was bought in Europe and not the UK, they might not look at it for you and tell you to send it back to said shop. We all know that sending stuff back to EU shop can be a bit of a nightmare at the moment so I would suggest that if you were buying a combo for example, I would check what happens if something goes wrong with it.

Just a cautionary tale.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 09/12/2021 at 08:44, Jakester said:

Yep, no response for me so I’ve had to open a PayPal dispute. Won’t be using them again - classic ‘bait and switch’ sales tactics allied with non-existent customer service…

Well, if anyone's interested, Paypal has found in my favour and I've been refunded, well before the 'deadline' for Bax to respond, so I presume they must have agreed with my that the sales tactics are unreasonable. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have just now received a refund from Bax for a Stagg EDB I had decided to return after a few days. They would always reply to my emails within a day or so. I must say the logistics of the return it has not been a simple matter. At some point I suspected they were planning not to give me the full refund because the box was broken - it was already when it arrived and I explained to them I had a video of the unboxing. But to be honest I think there might have been a misunderstanding. Their policy is that you have to put the product box into a Bax box before returning it and stick the address on the latter. You cannot stick anything on the product box. But I received my Stagg without Bax box (I imagine because of the size), and as the product box was I figured I would need to put a lot of tape to ensure the Stagg would survive the shipping.

So I told them that and their answer was that they would then make a decision on the full refund upon reception.

Someone smarter than me would have immediately figured out that I could just wrap the product box into something and then put tons of tape outside.  I eventually did that and now I have a full refund with no discussion.

The experience overall was unpleasant but I think I could order from them again if needed - either "low risk" items or things that it seems I cannot get anywhere else.

Edited by Paolo85

On 04/12/2021 at 20:39, jezzaboy said:

Any updates..?

Up to now I've never had any problems with an order I've actually been able to place, but I had my first taste of the customer service phone number this year. I had a voucher and an offer and an unusually low price that I wanted to take advantage of, so I put everything in the basket and tried to check out but the card payment just wouldn't happen. I called the bank and they said there was nothing wrong with my account and they could see no attempt to take any money. Tried again the next day since the order was still 'placed', just pending payment, but it failed again so I tried to call them to see whether they could help.. and that's when the telephonic abyss stared back at me, more than a couple of times. Eventually I gave up, cancelled the order and thought.. maybe I'll try to place it again.. but the voucher was 'used' at that point so I gave up completely and bought the thing I wanted from Thomann instead. I'll still use them for things that are in stock and on such a good offer I can't resist, but I'll use a payment method that includes provision to get my money back, just in case.

46 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Up to now I've never had any problems with an order I've actually been able to place, but I had my first taste of the customer service phone number this year. I had a voucher and an offer and an unusually low price that I wanted to take advantage of, so I put everything in the basket and tried to check out but the card payment just wouldn't happen. I called the bank and they said there was nothing wrong with my account and they could see no attempt to take any money. Tried again the next day since the order was still 'placed', just pending payment, but it failed again so I tried to call them to see whether they could help.. and that's when the telephonic abyss stared back at me, more than a couple of times. Eventually I gave up, cancelled the order and thought.. maybe I'll try to place it again.. but the voucher was 'used' at that point so I gave up completely and bought the thing I wanted from Thomann instead. I'll still use them for things that are in stock and on such a good offer I can't resist, but I'll use a payment method that includes provision to get my money back, just in case.

I had the same with an order, status was ‘placed’ but when I eventually spoke to spoke someone that is a complete lie apparently, it just sits in the system for a period of time and then gets booted out, nothing else happens. Crazy way to run a business that on a good day can be great.

Only had one problem with them and they fixed it there and then. Placed an order and paid for two 15” sub’s and they were on back order. Waited and they came back in and nothing, for weeks. Phoned and they said they were showing stock and I should have been sent the order, no reason why I hadn’t had the shipped already, but we’re sent out that day. Had a few orders before and after that have went ok.