Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision Bass SOLD
£1400
N Ireland

briansbrew

1983 Fender Precision (Fullerton ) in immaculate condition complete with Fender case  £1350

No fret wear, and in showroom condition , I can't find any scratches or dents. This has been very well looked after and used at home only

Nut width 44mm

Weight 4.0 Kgs

nice lowish action

Microtilt neck

The original white pickup covers were changed out for black ones but they will be put back on again prior to posting to keep it original 

No trades, cash sale only 

Edited by briansbrew
update
  • Like 19

• briansbrew changed the title to Fender Precision Bass 1983 with case £1350

Absolutely lovely - is this from the International Colour series - it looks like Sahara Taupe?  I think the colours were available in 1981 but they may have strayed over for a year or two.  

Edit: oops, on checking, this looks a bit too light for Fender's Taupe - still lovely though

Edited by three

2 hours ago, three said:

Absolutely lovely - is this from the International Colour series - it looks like Sahara Taupe?  I think the colours were available in 1981 but they may have strayed over for a year or two.  

Edit: oops, on checking, this looks a bit too light for Fender's Taupe - still lovely though

Thank you, its actually Olympic white but looks more creamy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hutton said:

I used to have one of these precisions. They are marvellous basses. The asking price is very reasonable for such a pristine bass. By the way the colour is ‘Ivory’ and not Olympic white.

I would agree with you as I was told it was OW but Ivory is more suited to the colour

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, karlfer said:

Indeed Ivory & low production numbers with excellent reputation for being a bit special.

I feel the need to move a product of Santa Anna to fund this wonderful bass.

Top bloke to deal with as well 👍

Thanks Karl, its a great bass and in great condition..

The body appears to be deeply and very tastefully sculpted - a feature of the Dan Smith era basses (and guitars). I’ve had a few Fenders from around this period and they’ve all been very good. I don’t necessarily subscribe to the ‘period’ arguments re: Fender (I’ve seen and played spectacular and truly horrible instruments across the range) but there’s something a bit different about these early ‘80s basses. If I still played long-scale and had any money, I’d buy this.  Any chance of an image from the top of the body to show-off the sculpted curves? 

Edited by three
spelling

5 hours ago, three said:

The body appears to be deeply and very tastefully sculpted - a feature of the Dan Smith era basses (and guitars). I’ve had a few Fenders from around this period and they’ve all been very good. I don’t necessarily subscribe to the ‘period’ arguments re: Fender (I’ve seen and played spectacular and truly horrible instruments across the range) but there’s something a bit different about these early ‘80s basses. If I still played long-scale and had any money, I’d buy this.  Any chance of an image from the top of the body to show-off the sculpted curves? 

Weirdo! 🙂

• Haha 1

• briansbrew changed the title to SOLD Fender Precision Bass SOLD
  • Hamster locked this topic