Why become a member? ×

Fretless 5 string Bass (Great! but needs a new home) - *SOLD*
£275
Aylesbury

Bass Wielder

[NOW SOLD]
*Great fretless sound , pro set up, good parts, gig bag included, could be a way to get in to fretless  quickly/easily/cheaply……what’s not to like?😉

*Price includes U.K. postage* (£250 if buyer sorts postage)

This is actually a Tanglewood Musicman copy. A really well made instrument, (I also have a fretted one)and in good condition.

It was converted to Fretless then set up by Martin Petersen of The Bass Gallery, London.

*Neck: 34”/21 (frets), is quite stable (maple), with an Ebony fingerboard lined with dark lines. It’s attached  to body with 6 screws and a chrome plate. The headstock is laminated with a “Love Pump’ logo. (removable I’m sure) No  obvious dead spots!

*Body: (wood?) is solid and it was modified with a core wood (maple?), and it’s a Sunburst finish with a black plastic scratch plate and chrome control plate.

*Nut: Lignum Vitae (rare and expensive hard wood). Original cheap plastic nut long gone. Keeping the organic vibe!!!!!!

*Hardware: All chrome: tuners, bridge, string tree, strap pins and knobs on a plate.

*Electronics: single Musicman style Humbucker with two coils. 

*Controls: volume, master tone, 4 way rotary switch (single front coil, single rear coil, dual series coils, dual parallel coils). All useful tones in there.

*Strings: Thomastik Infield Jazz 345 flatwounds. Great and not cheap!

* 18mm: string spacing.
* Gig bag: included!

This instrument sounds great and sings all the way from top to bottom. The ‘B’ is really good for a  34” scale. Sounds way beyond its price tag!!!!!!!

Can be seen/tried/bought in Aylesbury but courier can be buyer arranged…I will pack as securely as I can.

Message me for any more details.

** can deliver on rote to a gig if on route or a reasonable detour **

Offers considered!!!!

Edited by Bass Wielder
Sold
  • Like 11

• Bass Wielder changed the title to Fretless 5 string (lined Ebony board)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alyctes said:

Tempting...  I don't like bursts, but the scratchplate covers most of it.  Question really is whether I can live up to that logo :D

Gotcha…

Options: you could always stick an ‘l’ between the ‘p and u’ …..or a ‘g’ before the ‘l’ of love ….🤣

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bass Wielder changed the title to Fretless 5 string (with lined Ebony board)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Bass Wielder changed the title to Fretless 5 string with lined Ebony board (reduced)
7 hours ago, Cairobill said:

If the ebony fretboard on this is even remotely close to the incredible job the gallery did on my fretless Stingray, this is an amazing deal!

Thanks and it is!! So playable….shame I can’t justify keeping all my bases! Ah……😔

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, 4000 said:

Just out of interest, how much does this weigh? Is it heavy? 

No working scale at home at the moment (wife rule), but if I remember correctly it’s not a super lightweight…maybe between 8-9lbs.

sorry to be vague…

• Like 2