Why become a member? ×

Spectracomp problems ironed out yet?

Rothko

Reading some older threads about the Spectracomp, people's early enthusiasm seemed to wane somewhat, with non-sticky edited Toneprints, and a rather flakey computer/phone interface.

On paper it seems like a very good affordable simple pedal, but I'd like to know if the selectable Toneprints now stay selected, and if the edited Toneprints retain their edits!

Any updates?

Can't comment on edited toneprints but the phone app works a treat now with no issues for me. I've got a Spectracomp, spectradrive, hof2, flashback2 and wiretap and the all work perfectly with the app.

The wiretap had sooo many issues with v.1 but with the new firmware updates it's sorted.

Love the Spectracomp, have settled on the tri-band captain east toneprint which adds punch to the bass frequencies but doesn't squish the overall sound.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rothko said:

Reading some older threads about the Spectracomp, people's early enthusiasm seemed to wane somewhat, with non-sticky edited Toneprints, and a rather flakey computer/phone interface.

On paper it seems like a very good affordable simple pedal, but I'd like to know if the selectable Toneprints now stay selected, and if the edited Toneprints retain their edits!

Any updates?

TonePrints resetting was related to a firmware bug which has long since been fixed. Download and install the latest version and it should be trouble-free. 

• Like 1