Why become a member? ×

Traben rebuild.

NewUser

Almost finished. I have a custom plate ordered that will cover the ferrule holes at the back of the guitar.

Having a slight possible problem with pickup height. I think my pickups need raising but if so I'll have to get some taller springs and thicker foam, I've got them both raised as far as they will go and think they should come up higher. I reused the springs and foam off of my Traben pickups.

Lastly, I put some way lighter strings on it, now the neck has no relief, it's perfectly straight and the notes on the first frets fart out. E string not so bad, A string can kind of hear it, D string yeah, G string >_< farts bad. Second frets E, A, D, G fart slightly but can hardly notice. I don't ever play around there so don't really care. I'm going to let everything settle for about a month then loosen the truss rod a quarter turn and see what happens; might hopefully fix it. String action is lower than any bass I've ever played too, but I really like it this way; don't want to raise them.

Edited by NewUser