Why become a member? ×

Custom cable maker sought

AxelF

Does anybody know anyone who makes custom cables by any chance? I've edged onto what is probably a slippery slope of wireless with a set of those 2.4G WiFi bug transmitter/receiver things, they're fantastic with one of my basses, but with the other I get a high pitched whine - bizzarely they're both Warwicks with active preamps.

I'd already copper shielded the control cavity of the one that is silent, so shielded the other today - it's brought the volume down but it's still not silent. 

Having a look online it seems like most people's solution to this is to move the transmitter onto the strap and connect it to the bass with a short extender cable, sadly I can't find any the right length/configuration so am looking for someone to make one if possible please. I'm after right-angle male and straight barrel female connectors - ideally good quality - and about 18" in length. Thanks in advance!

It's the Nux one, I tried the guitarists Xvibe too which had the same issue. I've tried with a headphone extension cable and moving it a couple of inches away from the control cavity is enough to stop it, so mounting it on the strap should do the trick

24 minutes ago, Hutton said:

What's wrong with contacting Pete Cornish?

Pete Cornish is typically somebody that builds your rigs, or custom rigs that you can’t buy off the shelf.

If you’re handy with a soldering iron, what the OP is asking for is fairly standard.

1 hour ago, EBS_freak said:

Pete Cornish is typically somebody that builds your rigs, or custom rigs that you can’t buy off the shelf.

If you’re handy with a soldering iron, what the OP is asking for is fairly standard.

Pete is more than happy to make you a cable. I have two Pete Cornish cables for more years than I can remember. You just tell him what you need, he makes it and sends it to you and you pay him. He runs a business part of which is making cables.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.designacable.com/musician-leads.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIko6yh6yE9QIVBOJ3Ch3rLgMwEAAYASABEgI5nPD_BwE&p=2

I used these for the first time the other day for a short connection angled to straight from Backbeat to bass so I could use it with the Waza air. 
Ordered afternoon of day one, arrived morning of day three. 
Excellent service. 
I’ll definitely use them again 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1