Why become a member? ×

Big up graham maby

P j

With all the world losing it’s head and music being a place for comfort, I though it would be a good subject to look back at some bassists  for playing inspiration that might inspire a younger generation to pick up and start playing , the bassist I would like to big up is Graham’s maby a truly gifted bassist , check him out , any more suggestions for players that could put a new spin different approaches to playing rgds pj 

• Like 3

Graham Maby is the nuts. It’s telling that through all Joe Jackson’s changing styles, from new wave to jive and Latin, Maby was the only ever-present. In my last band, I talked the lads into covering I’m The Man and it ended up being our default set closer, and the most fun to play I think I ever had with them. The Joe Jackson Band reunion album Volume 4 is a lesser known gem, recorded live in the studio.

13 hours ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Brilliant player.

We used to cover Its Different For Girls and I got to play his bass solo at the end (well, a version of it anyway). It was always a pleasure to play and I love his musicality. 

Different girls ending bass part , and i am the man are great bench marks to master your bass skills and a perfect display of Graham’s skills and how bass is the the most important drive within the band ,and an important part of bass is recognising these great snippets for showing what standards  are required to be a player . 

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/11/2021 at 16:09, skankdelvar said:

Great bass playing,  a one example to set a playing standards Graham  maby lots of skill playing notes pulling down the fore  finger , and  dampen  open notes with thumb over the top , Just pure  skill and pleasure , … I am giving up ! 

• Like 2