Why become a member? ×

Your best Spammer of 2021

Happy Jack

I replied to every email I got like this one:

🔔You Gotta See This🔔➤➤➤➤➤➤➤💋🍌 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬..P3wD401px

Now I can't turn round in corridors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just set up an extra email address for all the places that insist on an email address. It's not linked to anything so I get no notifications on any devices. 

One address for the stuff I want, one for the ones I don't want to hear from. 

I did have a quick check of the spammers one as I was waiting for a delivery from someone on here, and ended up making use of PMT 10% off Black Friday deal so clearly I'm just a sucker that can't follow my own rules. 

😁

• Haha 4

Pinterest.

I have a Google mail account which I never used, except to set up my Google account on my phone. I decided to use it the other day and had to delete hundreds of emails from Pinterest. I vaguely remember signing up to it a few years ago for something. But for at least the past 2 years I've never even visited the site. 

I'm not being sarcastic but 'unsubscribe' does seem to work well with proper companies nowadays. I think there are fairly tough rules for companies that don't adher to that and data protection. 

....obviously the real spammy 'I'm a Prince who needs to deposit money in your account' types don't care about that - but Outlook seems to be good at putting all them into junk mail. 

Some companies shoot themselves in the foot, I wouldn't mind a useful SBL update on new courses every couple of weeks but almost daily spammyness has me clicking 'unsubscribe'. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

I'm not being sarcastic but 'unsubscribe' does seem to work well with proper companies nowadays.

Unsubscribe will work on valid companies' emails, but obviously won't work on scam emails, and it's the scams that are the problem.

Some of my scam emails are so close to the original that the only way of telling is the email address, and some of these are getting closer to the valid addresses. They are now using exact copies of font, colour and graphics. I suspect that clicking on "unsubscribe" on these emails will be very dangerous indeed.