Why become a member? ×

Yeah right…..’Fender’ loft find

ash

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Well, that's a first. I have now reported my first dodgy ebay listing.

He may be claiming ignorance, and few are likely to be fooled, but to state outright that the item is a Fender is fraudulent. Or 'taking the piss' as I call it.

He has a get out clause by saying 'He was told it was a  Fender'

On 26/11/2021 at 15:59, Jus Lukin said:

Well, that's a first. I have now reported my first dodgy ebay listing.

He may be claiming ignorance, and few are likely to be fooled, but to state outright that the item is a Fender is fraudulent. Or 'taking the piss' as I call it.

Ditto, reported. He knows perfectly well that it's not a Leo.

• Like 2

I've just sent the seller the below message. It really infuriates me when people hide under a guise of ignorance in order to con people. 

"I see you're still selling this as a Fender when you know it isn't, so unless you've cancelled the auction or amended it to be truthful within 24 hours, I'm going to bid £1000 on it to ensure I win it, then if you post it to me, once it arrives I shall open a dispute with eBay that it isn't a Fender and get my money back, as per eBay rules, you'll be responsible for covering return postage. Or if I win and you don't send it, then I'll lodge a complaint that you've not sent me the item I've won. 

So be a decent human and either withdraw the bass and relist with a truthful description, or I'll bid, and win, and we'll go through the motions laid out above. 

Thanks."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

Hmmm... good spot!

Agreed, I see loads of examples of that old bass (there are several variations, Japanese & Korean/Taiwanese, all with the same design) and never noticed it before. The Gibson even 'borrows' that overt curve on the control part of the scratchplate.

On 30/11/2021 at 13:01, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

I wonder whether it inspired the shape of Gibson's EB bass from a few years ago?

BAEBSFCH1-Finish-Shot.jpg

s-l1600-5.thumb.jpg.9152299e9bc798cda1c489f240b59594.jpg

How much did Gibson spend designing, prototyping and finalising the EB shape when all they had to do was trace around this fine example :)