Why become a member? ×

Buying a head from abroad

sirmuppet

Hi all. Looking to buy an amp head from Germany (The Fender Rumble 800HD) and wondered if I just replace the kettle lead would it be fine over here? From what I've read I think so but some people have said there could be an issue but the original poster didn't clarify the amp. Any one know if this specific amp head would be fine or not? Thanks.

I would try emailing Fender customer services for an official answer.

I recently purchased an Ashdown head from Germany. I contacted Ashdown and they said the head would be fine in the UK, but suggested a UK power lead rather than a plug adapter. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, verb said:

I would try emailing Fender customer services for an official answer.

I recently purchased an Ashdown head from Germany. I contacted Ashdown and they said the head would be fine in the UK, but suggested a UK power lead rather than a plug adapter. 

+1 to this. Had need to contact Fender UK/Europe quite recently. Very helpful and a speedy response by email.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirmuppet said:

Hi all. Looking to buy an amp head from Germany (The Fender Rumble 800HD) and wondered if I just replace the kettle lead would it be fine over here? From what I've read I think so but some people have said there could be an issue but the original poster didn't clarify the amp. Any one know if this specific amp head would be fine or not? Thanks.

If it’s a European spec head then the only difference is the plug on the end of the lead, so a new IEC Mains lead (not a kettle lead, they’re only for kettles ;) ) with a UK plug and suitable fuse will be fine. EU mains electricity is 50Hz, 220-240V just like the UK :)

• Like 1