Why become a member? ×

Kramer XL- 8 8 string bass
£1350
Chippenham or Reading

lukebassbs

I love this thing and would love to hang on to it. it really does sound amazing and super unique! plus they're rather rare now... but unfortunately I now need to free up some cash and i have a few too many basses...... it's in very good condition ( though the previous owner did swap out the nut, but the original nut has been put back on.....)

The two i've seen for sale in the last few years have gone for around £1600-£2000! Personally I feel thats a lil too much plus I would prefer a quicker sale. collection only (either Reading or Chippenham) 

Neck:  Walnut & aluminum neck with ebonoid fingerboard & silver dot inlays.  Frets show some wear, but have plenty of life in them.  Forked aluminum headstock with Schaller tuners in perfect working condition.  1 9/16" metal nut; 31" scale length.

Body:  Solid walnut body with two maple strips.  Badass bridge with adjustable saddles.  Schaller tuners in perfect working condition.  Bass weighs 10.85 lbs.

Pickups:  DiMarzio bass humbuckers with cream bezels.  Dual volume & tone controls with black speed knobs.  3-way pickup toggle & two coil switches for the pickups.  Pots date to '80.  All electronics are in perfect working condition.

Massive sound - like a piano with tons of resonance & dynamics!

IMG_9119.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9120.JPG

IMG_9121.JPG

IMG_9117.JPG

Edited by lukebassbs
  • Like 13

6 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

When a Kramer listing fails to mention the weight, it's usually a safe guess that it's a back-breaker!

Ha... well the neck is made of aluminum, but it's not crazy heavy, however it's certainly not a 60's Jazz weight.....

I believe it comes in at 10.85 lbs

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...