• fingers211
    • NickD
    • Nail Soup
    • Nicko
    • upside downer
    • Doctor J
    • skankdelvar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/12/21 at 00:01

As if by magic we have arrived at the end of the last true composition challenge of the year and we now need to sort the pecking order.

The entries were all based on the picture chosen by Octobers winner , @upside downer

image.png.2a5507de4120cdcc0516a8d4f84c30cc.png 

Your choices are as follows in order of presentation , please vote for 3 of them 

@xgsjx

Well this pic for some reason really struck me.  I decided to write about how much my wife means to me.  There's personal stuff in here that I'm not willing to go into, but I think I've said it how I want to.

2 lurksalot

what with COP26 going on and still being in a T-shirt, I thought a folky appreciation of the cycles of the seasons was in order , but this happened instead 

3 @Dad3353 

A celestial sculpteur, modelling a new vision for the night sky, after a fashion. Giving a fresh shine on an old, friendly face; somewhat daft, maybe, but with Good Intentions...

4 @Leonard Smalls

This month we have a celebration of the Full Moon, in all its forms 😁

@fingers211

I heard a play on the radio a few days after the picture was posted. The play told a story of a clever young woman who manipulated two men, so much so that they ended up in a very bad state. Not with her body but purely with mind games, t'was very clever. So that was the premise.

@NickD

Based on the picture, I had the idea of a shift tasked with resetting the universe after the day is done, and from here I got the notion that there are folks that do that in a practical, non-celestial way... The truck drivers, shelf stackers, train engineers, office cleaners, etc... so this is for them.

7 @Nail Soup

Initially tried to do some thing free-form and moony sounding, but scrapped it and wrote something song-based on the acoustic with moon based lyrics. But even that ended up sounding completely different when transferred to electric guitar etc.

8 @Nicko

We've all been there.  A night out, moon shining, date looking great, and you spoil the romance by doing exactly the wrong thing.  I don't know how you'd describe the genre - maybe indie pop.  Unusually for me this is a proper song, with a verse, chorus and middle eight, although it's pretty simple musically.

9 @upside downer

Here's my entry for November. It's a slow, mellowish instrumental with lots of chiming guitar to try and get that twinkly, night sky, relaxing feeling while everyone else is doing the heavy lifting to put things in order.

10 @Doctor J

I kept looking at the picture... van... moon... van ... moon... and then it came to me... Mooned Ants! The next level of pest control using lunar gravity to discombobulate pesky ant infestations. Call Morrisson's today!

11 @skankdelvar

Levon Helm and Garth Hudson are living in my head

well that's it folks, another fine selection for your listening pleasure ...

But please make your choices based on your favourite 3 

Voting ends at midnight 30th November 

Good luck all 

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Woah , it’s proper tight at the top , last call for some last minute votage to bring a solution or it will come down to a quiz on the colour of lurksalittle’s car 😂

just a thought to mention that as tradition demands , the December topic is a ‘cover version challenge’ 

open to all to enter a recording that you have done during the year.... or start from scratch as soon as you like.

the November winner’s chosen photo will be the inspiration for the January challenge 👍

• Like 1