Why become a member? ×

Is this the worst name for a bass guitar finish ever?

Eldon Tyrell

Its part of the vibe of Blast Cult to have some 50/60s wackiness - the round pickups on the bass pictured in OP are double bass pickups, for example. Their brand cheerleader is Lee Rocker (who has a very green DB; see pic below) I kind of like the clown vomit bass but different strokes for different folks .... and - to be clear - their prices are beyond me.

67298395_2421526037910763_8392716243592806400_n.jpeg

• Like 1

Ridiculous name, but more and more eight-year-old kids are playing bass these days, so...

Obviously aimed at spoiled rich kids who tell their parents they want it, and they want it now!

Doesn't matter if it's forgotten two or three weeks after it arrives...it's meant to collect dust.

Other than that, what do we have...an Ibanez Jet King copy with the Atlansia ARC pickup.

Let's not forget, whoever made it suffers from LAMS.

Not to mention that's not clown vomit, this is...

th.jpeg-113.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jd56hawk said:

Ridiculous name, but more and more eight-year-old kids are playing bass these days, so...

Obviously aimed at spoiled rich kids who tell their parents they want it, and they want it now!

Doesn't matter if it's forgotten two or three weeks after it arrives...it's meant to collect dust.

Let's not forget, whoever made it suffers from LAMS.

Not to mention that's not clown vomit, this is...

th.jpeg-113.jpg

Did not know what LAMS means. Googled it. According to the urban dictionary, it is "A social group prevalent in Germany, characterized by poor grammar, sweat pants, and a mullet." So, do you think this bloke came up with the clown vomit name? Could explain it.

vokuhila.jpg.644dc348ea6026779baf2e275edb4ed6.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Did not know what LAMS means. Googled it. According to the urban dictionary, it is "A social group prevalent in Germany, characterized by poor grammar, sweat pants, and a mullet." So, do you think this bloke came up with the clown vomit name? Could explain it.

vokuhila.jpg.644dc348ea6026779baf2e275edb4ed6.jpg

Something I coined years ago...Look At Me Syndrome.

Edited by jd56hawk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you been to the paint mixing bit at B&Q?  It's a veritable smorgasbord of daft colour names.

I shake my head at some of the highfalutin names that some manufacturers use.  "Smoked Almond Metallic" - oh get off your high horse, Epiphone, it's gold!

I've played one of their basses and immediately loved it - it was incredibly ugly but felt and sounded great - I think it was oak bodied medium scale with like a P90 style pickup. At 2.5K£ I had to put it back down but it exercised a fascination. I'd say they are built with incredible attention to detail and flare - I can't say it's exactly for me but I have to respect it.

They also do a hollow body flying v bass - at least they aren't BORING!

HollowVEE_BASS_BlastCult1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

As it is just the name of the finish, why not just call it "Metal Flake Green Finish"? No need for the clown and his/her vomit 🙂 

We wouldn't be talking about it and fewer people would be aware of these basses. It's good marketing - I'd never seen it before & I think it looks great - if I was in the market I'd want to try one. Assuming that price is a typo and it's meant to be £365, that is.

11 hours ago, karlfer said:

@Bassassin had the greatest ever, Radioactive Snot Glo, Vorg Rick copy if I remember correctly.

Excellent memory! Unfortunately it wasn't my bass, but it'd be a struggle to find a more appropriate name for that particular green/yellow burst! I think @prowla on here has got one, or did at one point.

• Haha 1