Why become a member? ×

Is this the worst name for a bass guitar finish ever?

Eldon Tyrell

Just saw this one. The finish is called "Metal Flake Clown Vomit Green Finish". Clown vomit? Really? 🥴

Who comes up with such a name and who wants to have a bass with a "clown vomit" finish? Ok, maybe it's a great bass and cheap. So, what's the price you are asking? 

Well, the price is a whopping £ 3,649. Wow. Well, maybe it sounds amazing and plays well. Never heard of "Blast Cult" but could be good, maybe even very good, not ruling it out, but with a sparkly clown vomit finish? Don't think I will give a try. What about you?

IMG_22112021_111212__1100_x_703_pixel.thumb.webp.1a0945f463b9c009110a7853031d1e85.webp

https://thebassgallery.com/collections/bass/products/blast-cult-thirty-five

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I look forward to seeing this in other finishes -

a brown or olive  called weaning baby poo;

a white called 80s dog crap;

a black called no 50 pences for the leccy meter;

a red called Burned English man on the Med

I mean, the possibilities really are endless.

Edited by mr4stringz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

you know there's a range of nominal things I've seen people focus on in bass gear - the nominal name given to the colour is a new one. 
If it helps you spend your £3600 you could call it Glitter finish close to Pantone 7737c?

I am pretty sure there are some better names available than "clown vomit" or "Glitter finish close to Pantone 7737c" 😉 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I am pretty sure there are some better names available than "clown vomit" or "Glitter finish close to Pantone 7737c" 😉 

I like clown vomit. If you have to pick a name for a colour it's funny. 

What would you call it?

22 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

I like clown vomit. If you have to pick a name for a colour it's funny. 

What would you call it?

Checked the urban dictionary for the meaning of "clown vomit". It seems to mean "A term used to describe the result of a corruption in video games where the backgrounds, pixels, and graphics mesh together in a chaotic cacophony of colors, often resembling the theoretical colorful vomit from a clown."

There you go, chaotic cacophony of colours. So definitely not green only. Definitely a fake finish 😉 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jus Lukin said:

It may be the worst to have been used so far, but I can assure that I could come up with colour names so horrific as to get me banned from this forum for life. The regurgitated contents of slapstick entertainer's stomachs is but the tip of the nastyberg.

C'mon, don't tease us but share some of your ideas. We won't tell the mods 🙂