Why become a member? ×

Best Pedal Marketing Vid Ever?

acidbass

Oh my goodness. Watched the live version from 2014, all 13.47 minutes of it.

First impressions, great filthy bass sound, guitarist in a prog band who was actually quite understated and didn't just noodle at speed for ten minutes, singer who stood in shadow at the back - just brilliant to see that - and what a drummer!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, stewblack said:

First impressions, great filthy bass sound, guitarist in a prog band who was actually quite understated and didn't just noodle at speed for ten minutes, singer who stood in shadow at the back - just brilliant to see that - and what a drummer!

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why we love Tool.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Who take 13 years to put out an album that sounds like out takes from the previous two…

😆

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

Never heard them before but been watching a drum cam video from a live show. The guy is out of this world.

Yep: watch a video where he plays Lateralus in the studio. There’s one that lets you see his hands and feet in separate times: one-man polyrhythm machine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

How refreshing to see a video focussed on the bass and drums.

i love that video, he is putting as much effort into doing that with the kids than he is live, and he is having a great time. Its true to say that none of my youth bands had a drummer like that to play with!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, paul_5 said:

Do yourself a favour - buy/stream/download 'Lateralus' by his band Tool. 

Mmmmmmm. Tool.

Also taking this advice having never got hold of anything by Tool before. Listening to first album track. First things that hit me.... how "natural" the vocal is, for want of a better word. It's imperfect but not tuneless, it just has character that fits perfectly. Then, something I don't think I've ever said before.... The mix! There's space to let each instrument breathe. There's no washy synth filling sonic gaps, but the gaps are part of the whole thing. I'm enjoying this. I also like the Mars Volta and Karnivool but am not a "fan" as such, I just have one album of each that I really like. I think Tool needs much further exploration from me. How has this taken me so long?!

• Like 4